_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
'On Two Wheels' campaign entry ~ Kettenkrad
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 970 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2005 - 08:47 AM UTC
Just posted some progress shots of my Dragon 1/35 Kettengrad into my gallery. It's pretty much OOB, I drilled out the moulded engine vents and replaced with mesh. With hindsight they should have been cut to size and fixed flush with the outer skin of the engine cover. In fact I suppose there's no reason that I don't move them now - except for laziness of course

I also replaced the tool clamps with some left over PE as the kit ones looked a bit chunky, and placed a shade on the headlamp.

Looks a bit shiny right now as it's had a coat of Klear/Future before and after the decals. Then a black wash, which I think may have been a little too heavy. Next step is to try a winter whitewash camo scheme. I've tested this on some scrap plastic, but never tried it before otherwise - wish me luck!

Finally i'd just like to add that I found the individual track links a complete and utter *&@!^~* to assemble...
Snowhand
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 345 posts
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2005 - 09:01 AM UTC
Looks good Well done
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2005 - 10:39 AM UTC
Thanks! I've applied the whitewash scheme now and I think it looks okay. Have to give it the daylight test tomorrow to be sure though. Obviously there are now a few bits that will need touching up (for example I should have added the tools AFTER the camo!)

Also I have a few questions if there are any Kettenkrad gurus out there...

1. Would the whitewash have been carried over to the inside of the cockpit and the rear compartment? I'm guessing not? How about the inner face of the rear mudguards?

2. There are a bunch of round mouldings under the handlebars. I assume these are dashboard-type dials. Should the faces be black or white?

3. Would the convoy lights at the back of the vehicle have coloured lenses?

Next step is the touching up, then a little weathering. Probably just a little rust and scuffed paint from boots for now, eventually I hope to put this into a dio and so it will get some more weathering then to blend it into the groundwork. Then add some stowage as per a photo I have, a couple of figures and she'll be done and dusted!

Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2005 - 11:52 PM UTC
A couple of shots of the winter camo - let me know what you think please. It is supposed to look scruffily done by the way! Obviously next job is to touch up some of the detail paintwork...

Simon
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 878 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 05:35 AM UTC
Hi! Looks good. I just finished Tamiyas old Kettenkraftrad. Its a good little vehicle.

It looks good with the wintercamo. Nicely done.

Simon
 _GOTOTOP