_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Comments on Tamiya Bradley.
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 06:41 AM UTC
I have just accuired Tamiyas M2A2 Bradley on E-bay, and would like some comments on this kit. Anything special to keep in mind? What figures does it come with? Interior or not?

Any aftermarkets worth getting? Figures that can be used?

Thankful for any tip on the issue.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 09:12 AM UTC
Thomas,
This is a pretty good kit. As always it can be improved upon. Here is a site with photos of a nicley done model with in progress shots. You can see how much detail was added.

M2A2 Bradley

The kit comes wothout an interior, Tamiya being cheap since interior is the same as the A1 version of their original kit. The interior from that kit will drop right in if you want an interior.

The figure may as well be thrown away. It is in an early 1980's "Pickle Suit" green uniform and woefully undersized.

Any aftermarket kit such as Edward PE or I believe CKM makes an engine set as well that will improve the kit, but are not needed to make a nice model.

As far as figures, any modern armored or tank figure set, such As DMLs or any of the resin sets available will work with it.

Here are couple of website with more info on the Bradley: Bradley 1

Bradley 2

Also, look in the gallery section of this site under MAJ Rob's Motorpool for more photos.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 12:29 PM UTC
Just to add to Gino's informative post, Tamiya also reissued the kit with the older style tracks and not the "Big Foot" tracks more common on newer Bradley chassised vehicles. If you do a forum search, I posted all the necessary items to make the "perfect" Bradley.
 _GOTOTOP