_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Spahwagen Abteillung! Ba-64 finished
waterboy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 332 posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2005 - 07:54 AM UTC
Hi Guys, I finished my entry for the Spahwagen Abteilung! campaign today. It's called " Counter Attack! ". Somewhere in Germany in the late stages of the war a squad of German soldiers fight past a burnt out Russian BA-64b armored car. They are trying to retake ground lost the day before in bitter fighting. The car is made by AER and really is not that good so its perfect for a vignette like this!!

I don't think there is a folder yet for finished entries so I'll post them here till then. Let me know what you think
waterboy
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 332 posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2005 - 08:50 PM UTC
Wow! No comments from anybody? Good or bad?
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2005 - 09:21 PM UTC
No not really....I like what I see

Just 1 thing, you say the car is burned out, but that's not what I see Maybe just on the inside? Ok the car is a bit black, but it doesn't look very burned out from the outside...

The Russian commander looks pretty burned, that's for sure....

Martin
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
Armorama: 591 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 01:47 AM UTC
Ciao Don,
Sorry I wasn't able to comment on the finished work sooner, but I have been following your progress though. Overall, your piece is superb. You have captured the dirt and desperation of the moment. The car looks burned, as does the commander's corpse.
My only nitpick would be the mold seam on the kneeling soldier's right ankle and foot. Other than that, a really beautiful job. Congrats.
Ciao for now
Rob
 _GOTOTOP