_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M30 Cargo Carrier question
daselim
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 212 posts
Armorama: 76 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 03:34 AM UTC
I almost feel bad asking so many questions but not having too many answers (yet) But, here goes:

Has anyone attempted to convert the Academy 1/35th scale M12 GMC into one of the M12's M30 Cargo Carrier support vehicles? I'm thinking I would like to attempt this for a diorama including both vehicles.

So, if anyone has done this, can you supply any pointers? Even if no one has built this vehicle for themselves, can someone point me to a good reference showing the interior and exterior arrangement? I've searched the interenet without results, and the couple of pictures in the US Self Propelled Guns In Action books just don't cut it.

I guess another option would be to pick up the Fujimi 1/76th scale kit to use as a pattern, but again, I cannot find anything to say whether or not that particular kit is accurate or not...

Thanks in advance for any and all answers!

(And yes, someday I will be able contribute more than just questions in the forums :-) )
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 03:42 AM UTC
There's also the old Bandai M30 carrier in 1/48 scale. I've got both it and the Bandai M12. It would be easy to see what the different parts are and use them as a pattern to convert the M12.
INDIA11A
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 577 posts
Armorama: 446 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 06:55 AM UTC
I was planning on building a also and got some nice pics from chap on ML. I f you send me your E-mail address I will forward them to you. :-)
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 09:28 AM UTC
You can also have a look here for a 5 view scale drawing that could be useful (from Joe Wallace's photo album on Webshots.com) :

http://community.webshots.com/photo/203625642/203628772rzAkAG
HTH
Frenchy
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 12:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I almost feel bad asking so many questions but not having too many answers (yet) But, here goes:

... snip ...

(And yes, someday I will be able contribute more than just questions in the forums :-) )

Hey, good questions like this get the good discussions started and lots of folks learn -- don't worry about it ....

John
 _GOTOTOP