_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Dreadnaughts and Flattops...
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 11:48 AM UTC
Greetings, My friends...
Just a short note to all ye salty dogs out there, I've volunteered for the campaign leader position for both of these two very special campaigns, and with all of your help, I'm sure that we can make these two of the greatest ever! I want to thank Jim S. for putting faith in me to do an honorable job, and together we can honor Gary for the love that he had for this hobby and for all of us here at the big A...So let's go, mates, were haulin' anchor and shovin' off real soon!
Sincerely,
Mark " Gunny " Smith
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 12:48 PM UTC
Gunny:

Dreadn"O"ughts !!!

Anyway, will there be a Dreadnought topic added ?
And do you want all postings in a single thread or each modeler do his own (I like to start one thread & keep updating as my work goes -- gives me a running record & anyone else a decent ref ...)

John
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 01:13 PM UTC
Sorry John, hit the wrong button....been a long day, Bro...I like the idea of each modeler having his own campaign thread, like you have said, to keep a running record of his own...What do you think, guys? Do you all agree on this, or do you think that it will flood the forum with individual posts...personally I don't think it would be much of a problem..I'll see what I can do about getting the topic listing generated.
Gunny
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 01:16 AM UTC
I would suggest letting each person do thier own thread...safer for us who only have dialup... :-)
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 01:32 AM UTC
I think an individual thread will work. It sort of went to that way during DDD anyway.

Thanks Mark for stepping up and leading the way on both campaigns.

Steve
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Armorama: 761 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 02:08 AM UTC
Ahoy there

First, welcome aboard Sir Gunny

Second, the threads / topics:
If I make my "Skipper's 1/700 Chokai Update" thread, members will know who + what...

Skipper
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 02:58 AM UTC
I like the idea of threads also. That's for this forum, the warships forum, right? We can also still post in the Campaigns forum?

Gunny, gunny, gunny, shame on you, DreadnAughts indeed.

Your first post as our fearless leader and you let a typo sneak past you. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Welcome aboard and cheers.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 04:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I like the idea of threads also. That's for this forum, the warships forum, right? We can also still post in the Campaigns forum?

Gunny, gunny, gunny, shame on you, DreadnAughts indeed.

Your first post as our fearless leader and you let a typo sneak past you. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Welcome aboard and cheers.

My most sincere apologies, Rodger!
Thanks for the welcome, sir, and it is definitely my pleasure to lead these campaigns...I would like these two campaigns to be really special, in honor of Gary...I know that us as a "Band O' Brothers" can achieve this, and I may have to ask for a hand or two, but please, everyone involved, don't be afraid to PM or e-mail me at any time if you have a question or a problem...and about the typo...won't happen again!
Gunny
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 01:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I would suggest letting each person do thier own thread...safer for us who only have dialup... :-)

Jacques:

Good point on dial-up & I will just put 1-2 reasonably sized teaser pix in my thread update posts & the bulk of my pix in my Gallery, so folks have a choice to view all that stuff or not ...

John
Tiger101
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 03:07 PM UTC
Congrats Gunny! I am looking forward to the campaign. Each individual having their own thread worked for DDD so I'm up for that. as long as we follow up with the campaign gallery so it makes it easier for you to keep track of who is done with what.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 11:34 PM UTC
Greetimngs, Mates...
So far it looks like we're all in agreement upon this subject...we'll let the thread run til Friday (tomorrow) and then make the final decision...it worked well for DDD, and as an old wise man once said, "why fix it if it ain't broke?"...
Gunny
 _GOTOTOP