_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
BBB Diorama
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 11:43 AM UTC
Okay, here are some pics of the rather ill fitting T-34 that is going to be a central part of my BBB campaign entry. I have the DML "Sturmpioniers at Kursk" firgures that are going to be working their way past this T-34. I tried to depict an almost new T-34 that took a shot through one side of the turret very recently but did not cook off the tank. Just one clean hole.
This is only the second Soviet/Russian tank I have built. Went over all of the welds with the hot knnife and was pretty pleased with the result.
The differences in the tone of the paint in the pictures are the result of the camera and the OTT light.
Suggestions more than welcome.

Shaun

Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 03:50 PM UTC
Looking good Shaun, I'm not surprised that that's the only damage, looks like an AP round that would have finished off the crew instanly... Just a little bit of white and black residue around the hole perhaps.
Can't really comment on the T-34 as my knowledge of Russian Armour is limited ( I do know they were painted green :-) )

Cheers
Henk
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,002 posts
Armorama: 720 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 05:02 AM UTC
Nice shot, Shaun! You got it! You got both a good picture and the result of the thrusted steel! Congrats!
Cheers and happy modelling!
Prato
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 11:44 PM UTC
Couple of preliminary layout pictures. The dudes in the picture are the dudes that will be in the finished diorama. I haven't started them yet. Plan is to make it look like the T-34 slid sideways into a small ravine after taking one in the turret.
2 or three German engineers advancing, using the wreck for cover.

Shaun
 _GOTOTOP