_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Miniature Magic - DC's Dodge
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2005 - 10:03 PM UTC
This is the Italeri Dodge, straight from the box. Caused a few problems related to my aged eyes and there being as many components in this kit as there is in the 1/35 version!

MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2005 - 10:07 PM UTC
Dave your eyes may be aged like mine but I think you have done a pretty good job of her. I have problems with my 1/35 details let alone this braille scale stuff.

cheers
Cliff
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2005 - 10:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave your eyes may be aged like mine but I think you have done a pretty good job of her. I have problems with my 1/35 details let alone this braille scale stuff.

cheers
Cliff

I've decided that after I've built all the small scale stuff in the bag of freebies I was given (about 6 more to go, not all of which are complete) then it's 1/35 only - I can't use my specs and a lens at the same time!

On this kit there's a sink mark on the front of the windscreen frame that I didn't even see 'till I looked at the pics afterwards!! LOL. Thanks for the compliment Cliff
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2005 - 10:31 PM UTC
Looks super nice! Only maybe the fenders look too thick, but I know that its a matter of scale. your dodge made me want to buy one and build it. Maybe I'll even switch to the braille scale for some time, when I'm stiil young and see the tiny details

Cheers
Pedro
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2005 - 10:38 PM UTC
You did a great job on a little vehicle!
Looks a pretty nice kit to build.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 12:29 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments guys. As an idea of scale the screen image (on a 14" screen) is over twice life size!
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 02:08 AM UTC
Wow those fenders and running boards are a scale 3 inches thick! I would of scratched out some new ones out of .10 aluminum. Other than that I say "Nice build". The fenders are really the only part that says "small scale", the rest could easily pass for 1/35th.
By the way, what scale is this model, you don't really mention it.

Cuhail
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 02:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow those fenders and running boards are a scale 3 inches thick! I would of scratched out some new ones out of .10 aluminum. Other than that I say "Nice build". The fenders are really the only part that says "small scale", the rest could easily pass for 1/35th.
By the way, what scale is this model, you don't really mention it.

Cuhail

Beyond my scratchbuilding skills Murphy!! It's 1/72 scale BTW.
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 02:29 AM UTC
No worries dave, I still love it. Ya wanna see some "Braille scale"? How about 1/160? I took a Ford Truck in N scale and whipped up a guntruck. Co-incidentally, this was the first model I posted on Armorama.

The above is what I bought, the below is what I did to it. The chassis was lenthened, the bed was scratchbuilt as was the Vulcan gun in the bed. There was no interior to the original so that had to be made, and I wrapped it up with a scratchbuilt front bumper.

Fun, huh?

Give scratchbuilding a shot, Dave. Start small (project-wise, not scale ) and give yourself some slack, It's fun.

Cuhail
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 06:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Give scratchbuilding a shot, Dave. Start small (project-wise, not scale ) and give yourself some slack, It's fun.

Cuhail

Done enough of it mate - some of my remaining braille scale models will be conversions - it's compound curves like mudguards that are the problem, never have mastered som of those shapes!
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 10:52 AM UTC
Dave great job as always! Your weathering effect looks more realistic on 1/72 than mine does on 1/35.

Quoted Text

.........then it's 1/35 only - I can't use my specs and a lens at the same time!

Dave I got one of these and even with my glasses on it's fine!

_GOTOTOP