_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Walcheren 1944 / Battle of the scheldt river
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
Armorama: 242 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 04:36 PM UTC
I have completed my project. And this is my submission. With my busy job, i have entered 2 campaign at the same time and with the current security threats, i am glad i manage to finish this earlier and prepare for more work to come. So here is my submission

KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 09:32 PM UTC
Hey eerie!

Ah, I see the Panzer Grenadiers are on a muddy Dutch path. The vignette looks nice, but is it possible to make a little sharper picture? I can't see the details in the work. What did you use for groundwork?

Paul
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,396 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 10:44 PM UTC
Looks good eerie. The way you place your figs. Yup, have to agree with Paul.. you might want to try re-taking a few more pictures of your vignette when you have the time. Oh.. maybe you might decide to glue your figs down onto the base instead of using "bluetac"? Just my 2cents
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 02:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey eerie!

Ah, I see the Panzer Grenadiers are on a muddy Dutch path. The vignette looks nice, but is it possible to make a little sharper picture? I can't see the details in the work. What did you use for groundwork?

Paul

Ground made from putty, 2 layer. Mud color is made up of brown and orange paint, and green is just dark green
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 12:00 AM UTC
Hey eerie!

Just two things:

1)
Ad Brons, the leader of the Walcheren 44 / Battle of the Scheldt River Campaign, has opened a campaign gallery. Please feel free to post your pictures of your German soldiers there.

This is the link: http://photos.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php/cat/14951

2)
The muddy path looks very good to me, but looking at the grass I think you must add more texture in it. It's too obvious 'painted' grass.
You can add some convincing texture in a simple way. Here's a link to Robert Beebe's article about home made ground cover: http://dioramas.armorama.com//features/642
Just give it a try!

And I agree with Ike about the bluetac, perhaps you can cut a bit of it away arround the feets, so it isn't noticeble?
Don't get me wrong: I like the little vignette very much, specially how the soldiers are placed and the mud.
But the grass and the bluetac are 2 little things I know you can do bether...

Paul
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 04:22 PM UTC
Roger, roger...i ll get working on it...maybe i add some grass tape
 _GOTOTOP