_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
--O2W-- : : FAUSTS Entry : :
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 01:00 AM UTC
Ola Guys

Well I finally started my built for this campaign. It might seem odd what I`m doing here but I am actually working from a real photograph which I found in a Waffenarsenal about the 37 MM PAK. Base kit is the Tamiya BMW with sidecar. I made some modifications and Additions to it as some detail was missing. Probably at Tamiya Headquarters they must have thought that BMW driving was so much fun you would never want to stop... there fore they did not include brakes. More stuff as cables and other things were made also I replaced both the Clunky MG and the MG pedestal and replaced them by respectively a DML MG34 and a scratchbuilt pedestal. I also added paper backs for the Bags on the nose of the sidecar and the side of the motor itself. Still some minor things are to be added on the bike. The 37 mm PAK is also from Tamiya. The Driver is from Verlinden
Ok here are the pics:

Looking forward to all comments lads. I have a couple more Motors maybe I make a part of a Motorized AT group or maybe I just decide to make this a standalone piece.

KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 01:02 AM UTC
Robert,
Very nice idea!
Looking forward to the final result!
Paul
Snowhand
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 345 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 01:15 AM UTC
Neat one, and neat idea

ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 01:26 AM UTC
Wow Faust! You really like those 37mm. DIdn't you do the one where the Germans in a captured jeep are towing a 37mm and the rusting away 37mm being dug up?
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 01:42 AM UTC
Robert, very nice build with scratch etc. on the bike.
I also like the setting and the Pak being towed.
The Tamiya bike is a dog kit but you dressed it up nice.
Try the Italeri kit, compared to the Tamiya one it beats it hands down.
Cheyenne
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 04:33 AM UTC
Nice added detail really improves the look.

I saw this and just knew you had found another gem of a photo - nice.

The edges of the sadle bags look a bit white and sharp, maybe a touch of sandpaper is needed? Could be the lighting.
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 05:00 AM UTC
Very interesting and unusual idea Robert!
I didn't even knew of such practices
I'm looking forward to more progress pics on your project!

Cheers
Pedro
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 05:51 AM UTC
Robert, great build going there.
It's not at all odd to me as when I was 16, my brother-in-law and I rode from Chicago, Il. to Sumpter SC. on a Harley Davidson ElectraGlide with a sidecar and towing a double snowmobile trailer loaded with toolboxes. It was a very good time,but, my butt tingled for a week! :-)
I like that you added the cables and brake levers. There seems to be a line that companies won't cross and you've bridged it nicely.

Cuhail
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 09:32 AM UTC
Ola Guys

Thanks for the replies.

@ Alan

Quoted Text

Wow Faust! You really like those 37mm. DIdn't you do the one where the Germans in a captured jeep are towing a 37mm and the rusting away 37mm being dug up?

Alan you have a Damn sharp eye. Yes I did the 37 Mm PAK being hooked up on an Airborne Jeep during the battel of arnhem. And yes I was the one resposible for the rusted up PAK that is being dugged out during a Archeoligical search. The Archeological search never was completed because I made a stupid mistake in the makings of the groundwork. ( an extra layer was to be added as the gun was sticking out of the ground) I have an extra 37 MM laying around with which I`m still planning to finish the excavation as the dio was simply to good to let die. the Rusted out PAk eventually ended up in a small display called

So yeah the outcome of the thing is I really love the 37 mm PAK. The one being towed behind the BMW is the 4th one as I also did a conversion of the DML Sd.Kfz. 251/10 in Polish service with the 37mm Gun on top of it.
I have another 37 MM PAK from DML laying around which will fill the hole in the excavation.

@Cheyenne

Quoted Text

The Tamiya bike is a dog kit but you dressed it up nice.
Try the Italeri kit, compared to the Tamiya one it beats it hands down.

I secod that. I have built the Italeri kit before which went into a littlle display called "Raspoetitsa" and the bike was miles and miles away from the quality that Mr. T is offering.
This is where the Italri BMW with sidecar ended

I only added brakecables to the Italeri one as the rest was already there

@ Scott

Quoted Text

I saw this and just knew you had found another gem of a photo - nice.

You know me and I`m always looking for that one extraordinary thing to make

Quoted Text

The edges of the sadle bags look a bit white and sharp, maybe a touch of sandpaper is needed? Could be the lighting.

Actually that is part of the addition I made. Because the saddlebags are hollow from the backside I added paper to make it closed. What you see is the edge of the paper. When all is painted it won`t be that evident anymore

For all the others thanks for the comments. And mister mcCuhail thanks for the story. Cya all at the endline

MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 09:40 AM UTC
Rob I have seen the size of the scratchbuilt parts you have done for this bike and you call me nuts! :-)

Rob your attention to detail and your finishing skills are excellent and among the best I have seen (including mine). I look forward to seeing this one in its painted glory on a nicely done base as I know you are an expert at making.

cheers
Cliff
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Armorama: 1,339 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 06:17 PM UTC
A pak towed by a BMW. Cool idea. I would very much like to see the picture, that spawned this idea.
The scratchbuild details look really good.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 10:24 PM UTC
Ola Guys

Thanks for the comments.
@Cliff
Too much honour there mate.... It is a nice compliment though I Will do my best to finish it in time and make a nice base for it.

@Jesper

Quoted Text

A pak towed by a BMW. Cool idea. I would very much like to see the picture, that spawned this idea.

Here is the pic of which I got my inspiration. It is not my goal to recreate that picture 100% It`s just that I liked the BMW towing that gun. I have some cool figures for it which will be added to the display

Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Armorama: 1,339 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 11:00 PM UTC
Thanks for posting the picture Robert. I can definitely understand why ,you were inspired, by this great picture.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 05:04 AM UTC
Ola Jesper

Well this is the basis for a lot of my projects. Looking through books, Looking all over the internet etc. looking for that one pic. How do I know if I have a good pic? When the first thing that comes in mind is: "I got to built that"

_GOTOTOP