_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Using the Gallery: PLEASE READ!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 09:17 AM UTC
A lot of members are still having trouble with using the gallery as a registered member. I will try to make the need for loggin in twice more visable but again...

1. All cookies on the Internet are DOMAIN based. The new gallery is on another domain. So....

2. You must login a SECOND time to access the gallery as a registered user. Click the LOGIN link on the upper right. If you see "My Account" on the top menu bar then you should be logged-in already. If you don't see a link that says "Upload Photos" then you aren't logged-in.

I hope that helps.

As a side note there are all sorts of nasty scripts (adware probably) out there these days. Yesterday I was over at a relatives house and tried to use the site. Every time I tried to click on a link here it changed the URL to all LOWERCASE! This stopped the page from loading. I had to spend 30 minutes just scanning and removing the 1300+ adware objects I found on their PC!! Ridiculous.... but then it worked fine.

Cheers,
Jim
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 09:32 AM UTC
Damn relatives...

I have a lap top that I use, and two computers upstairs. The wife uses one, the step-son uses the other. The "other" machine is so jacked up it isn't worth even trying to get email on.

AdAware and Spybot everyone.

Free downloads...

Shaun
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 06:29 PM UTC
Microsoft joined the spyware remover club too so you could download that and give it a go. It aint as good as AdAware though.
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 03:52 PM UTC
I use a Mac...no adware, spyware, or similar CRAP to date!

Jim

PS I had a PC so plugged up with this bile that it became useless. There is no fate so low that the perpetrators of this junk don't deserve it. (deep breath- I'm OK now)
 _GOTOTOP