_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
On 2 Wheels, Cuhails Enduro
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 08:01 AM UTC
Well, After losing interest in working on my chopper (for now ) I still wanted to do a motorcyle. I found Tamiya's JGSDF Motorcycle Recon set and decided to whip it up. It's about 90% done in these photos (and as usual, the pics just suckle) and after seeinf Faust's work on his R75w/sidecar & trailer, it inspired me to go a little farther on it. (Thanks Faust! ) I don't know what make it is, but, I have been referring to it as a "Ya mamma ha" Enduro. It's a little, very simple build and it fullfilled my obligation to the "On 2 Wheels" campaign in case I don't get moving on the chopper.

Here ya go,
Left side:

And the right side:

Awww, ain't it cute?
I plan on some additional detail work such as brake and clutch cables and maybe some tight paint touchups.

Lemme know what you think,
Cuhail
Snowhand
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 345 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2005 - 08:12 AM UTC
Sweet and 'Yammie' looking ride
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 01:15 AM UTC
Looks good! What I can't tell from the pictures is if it's sprayed in (very) dark green or is it black?
When it is a black bike I think that gas tank is screaming for a Jolly Rodgers on both sides

Paul
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 03:08 AM UTC
Paul, you-are-brilliant! That is the best idea! You're right, it is black and a Jolly Roger will look AWESOME!

I am going to finish this baby up today and take some more pics.

Hoo-Yah
Cuhail
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 03:18 AM UTC
As she's black, she's far to shiny..try an application of matt black all over.. And what's with the cleaning of a dirt-bike?? There should be a build up of mud inside the mudguards and the inside of the frame..The base color should only really show on the sides of the tank (due to knees rubbing ) and on the seat..

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Only kidding Murphy, you have done a nice job on this, and that Jolly Roger would be the icing on the cake..

Cheers
Henk
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 03:33 AM UTC
Ahhhhh, ya had me goin' there, Henk! It's funny,but, I tend to make my vehicles clean unless embroiled in a dirty dio or "in action". Otherwise, I assume the 1/35th scale owner has a hose and a sponge. Thanks for the kind words, Brother.

Skull & Bones, coming up!

Cuhail
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 06:43 AM UTC
Glad you liked the idea, Murphy!
How are you gonna apply the ?
I know Archer Decals has a great set. Or are you gonna paint it on?

Keep us posted!

Paul
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 07:12 AM UTC
Ola Murphy

Are you serious....... Did I inspire somebody??
I certainly hope it did any good :-) :-) :-)

Without kidding I`m looking at a very cool bike here. Not knowing much about motors after ww2 but I think I can identify this as a Yamaha. I like the dark look of it and the black is very well painted. I also second that the Bike all around could have some decorations. or maybe that isn`t Enduro enough. I always thought that those sportmotors were litterally "wallpapered" with Sponsor stickers and such.
Also some cables here and there add to the realism and will make the bike come more alife. And it is deadly easy to do with some copperwire and paint it black after adding it.
And yeah being a big fan of weathered vehicles I know the Enduro bikes got some heavy surfaces to ride on and up till the brains of the driver there will be dust. So a good dusting with pigments is not even that strange I think.

Great job mate. Looking forward to seeing more.

_GOTOTOP