_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Dreadnoughts! Rally Call!!!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 11:42 AM UTC
Attention on deck!!!!
O.K., Ye salty dogs, only 12 more days to go before the Deadnoughts! Campaign officially begins! There's still plenty of time yo sign up, so let's go!!! This is sure to be another great campaign, a nice long one, to study some of the greatest ships in history...jump in and don't be afraid to participate!!! Guaranteed no one here will bite ye' (at least not that hard...arghhh!)
Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 11:10 PM UTC
Greetings, Jonathan...
To answer your question, my man, is unfortunately as you have stated, no, only because it really wouldn't be fair to the other campaign enlistee's to let you enter a model subject that has already been started before the campaign has begun...I'm really sorry to say that, because it sounds like you have a very interesting build going on there...bending the rules would only corrupt the integrity of the entire campaign idea, and although I would really like to see this as an entry, it's just not the right thing to do...maybe you could just put this build on hold to start another fine warship, eh??...
Gunny
BigBrother
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 88 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 11:46 PM UTC
Gunny
Ready on deck with Dragons 1/700 Tirpitz, gonna need all that time too! Family, Work, House, Work, Yard, Work, did I mention work???..... :-)
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 03:05 AM UTC
I'm ready!

Hey, who took my sea bag?
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 04:09 AM UTC
Sounds great so far, gentlemen, the excitement is definitely building on my end, too!...BigBrother, I know what you're saying, man...there just never seems to be enough time for all the good things in life...plenty of time on this one, Bro, and I can't wait to see some of the soon to be incoming photo's of the builds under construction!!! I'm like a kid in a candy store! How about the rest of the enlistee's...Are we all ready to go???
Gunny
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 04:14 AM UTC
I'm ready, just hoping I'll have a camera to post pics with. Mine was stolen. The cops caught the guy, but we're still hoping our camera will turn up in his stash of loot, or at some pawn shop. Until I can get another digital I'll have to use some throw away film camera and scan the pics.

Still going to be building the ships, just might not be able to show them right away.

skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Armorama: 761 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 04:25 AM UTC
Skippers Present!

I am only going to say it's 1/700
Skipper
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 04:39 AM UTC
I think that I'll try this one. With a 700 scale USS Washington.
warvos
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 141 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 06:32 AM UTC

I'm as ready as can be.. my colourcoat IJN paint and Wem Pe set arrived, and my Musashi is starting to even appear in my dreams now....
And my nightmares... some of the pe stuff is actually about as fine as a human hair...... just looking at it will probably bend it.

My main problem now is that i'll have to start moving and preparing my new home as from the 1st of August.. so I won't be able to start with the rest of you guys.... Probably only by the end of August or September, when things settle down and I can open up my boxes again without being afraid of losing stuff...

Ooh, and just a little word of advice for a lesson I learned the heard way: : NEVER pay any foreign order by banktransfer. The whole set and paint cost me 71 €, which I very gladly paid because it looks incredible..... until I got the expense note for the transfer: 31.25 €, which is about 40 usd.....
I could have bought me the new DML 88 kit for that.

But I'm soooo looking forward to this campaign that it's worth every penny!!

Now let's suprise everybody and start right away with the campaign!!!!
Please???

Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 07:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm as ready as can be.. my colourcoat IJN paint and Wem Pe set arrived, and my Musashi is starting to even appear in my dreams now....
And my nightmares... some of the pe stuff is actually about as fine as a human hair...... just looking at it will probably bend it.

My main problem now is that i'll have to start moving and preparing my new home as from the 1st of August.. so I won't be able to start with the rest of you guys.... Probably only by the end of August or September, when things settle down and I can open up my boxes again without being afraid of losing stuff...

Ooh, and just a little word of advice for a lesson I learned the heard way: : NEVER pay any foreign order by banktransfer. The whole set and paint cost me 71 €, which I very gladly paid because it looks incredible..... until I got the expense note for the transfer: 31.25 €, which is about 40 usd.....
I could have bought me the new DML 88 kit for that.

But I'm soooo looking forward to this campaign that it's worth every penny!!

Now let's suprise everybody and start right away with the campaign!!!!
Please???

Patience, Bjorn...the time is upon us very soon! But it does sound like you're ready to go, mate!
Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 11:11 AM UTC
Ahoy, Mates!
I see that we have gained one more enlistee into this dynamite campaign that is only now 9 days off...still plenty of time to join in and rally wit the rest of the salts!
Gunny
 _GOTOTOP