_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
submitting zip files help
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
Armorama: 192 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 06:08 AM UTC
i have some walkaround pics i am sending in, plus some infomation about them i have written in microsoft word, my problem is that i dont know how (or if) the pics and the text can be combined into one file, or should i send them separately? i sent in some pics to the on display section a while ago, but didnt know how to put a written feature with them so it was just the pics which looked a little bare
cheers, phil
CRS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 06:16 AM UTC
Phil - Yes text and photo files can both exist in the same ZIP file. If you are using XP just put all the files in a "compressed folder" (that's a zip file), if you are using another zip utility just include all the files in the "make" list. You may wish to include some directions / suggestions for photo placement to align text and photos as an "editor guide"?
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
Armorama: 192 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 06:54 AM UTC
o.k. mate im off to give it a try then!
ive done it ! how easy was that! took me ten seconds, so ill have it wing its way to submissions, cheers chuck!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 07:35 AM UTC
As a general rule we would MUCH rather prefer people to submit images that are not embedded in Word. It is much too hard to extract images from Word and sometimes they come out looking horrible.

Just submit the images and the text seperately. The text can be done in Notepad or Wordpad to make things really easy (no funky word formatting).

Thanks,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP