_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Kfor soldier in progress
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,002 posts
Armorama: 720 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 03:24 AM UTC
Here is one of my Potuguese soldiers from Kfor still in progress! I'd like to hear some comments before I go on so any comment is more than welcome!

Cheers and happy modelling!
Prato
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 04:14 AM UTC
Well, so far so good I guess.
Can't see any things I don't like or think is wrong.
I do actually like the skin colour very much; a real portugees colour I asume? Not the caucasian 'white' you often see. What did you use as skin colour?
The little beard makes it even more stereotype Portugees :-) (just kidding, but if I didn't know it would be a Portugees, I still would consider it a mid-terranian guy, so that's why I say 'stereotype').

So, as far as I can say you are on the good way!
Looking forward to the final result!

Paul

ADDITION:
Looking to the pictures again, I must say I also like the relaxed but 'still beeing sharp' look of the figure. Did you modelled it yourself?

Paul
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 04:28 AM UTC
Looks pretty good so far. Couple things I see. The whites of the eyes are too big and round. Also, just may be how you placed it for the photo, but the right hand doesn't look like it is holding the weapon at all. Looks like it is floating loosely in the left hand. Also, is his uniform a one piece jumpsuit of some kind? There is no demarcation of where the shirt tails end and the pants begin. In the back it is most noticable since you have the large brown camo squiggle extending from his leg all the way up to the flak vest. If there is a shirt, there would be a break in the camo pattern, it would not match up from shirt to pants. Same is true for pockets and other areas where seams come together, the camo stops and starts again, it doesn't carry over the seam lines. Looking good overall, just some pointers to camo painting.
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,002 posts
Armorama: 720 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 12:45 AM UTC
Paul:
the skin colour was painted using oil paints. And no, It is not scratchbuilt, it is transformed using parts from other figures!

Gino: Thanks for the tips on the camo! But the shirt is supposed to be under the vest! The riffle is actually just floating there just to give us the impression of how it is going to look when finished! Finnally I have the same opinion on the whites of the eyes, but I'm not too good at opainting them.
Cheers and happy modelling!
Prato
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 05:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the tips on the camo! But the shirt is supposed to be under the vest!

As a note, unless the shirt is tucked in (which may be your intent), the tails will still stick out below the vest.
 _GOTOTOP