Hosted by Darren Baker
References for SpPz2A2 'Luchs'
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 06:30 AM UTC
So it didn't take me long to find a model at the German PX. Of course, I have no references or background on this vehicle. I need a source for photos, etc if anyone knows of such. Also, does anyone have suggestions for resin, PE, etc. for this kit (Revell-Germany).

I am trying to organize photos of the vehicles in the German contingent here, but that may be a long-term project, and I am not feeling patient. After six weeks without, I need to bend plastic, now!

Thanks in advance.

(I will, of course, share anything I can come up with if I can get the photos.)
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 12:04 PM UTC
There is a Concord mini color series book about German wheeled fighting vehicles. It is a recent issue and has a green cover. It has all sorts of pictures of the various modern wheeled vehicles such as the Fuchs, Luchs and so on. Nice book for the modern NATO armor fan.
armyfiremn
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 05:17 PM UTC
http://groups.msn.com/armorama/firehouse.msnw hope this helps there's some pics i took of the modern version of the fuchs and luchs.
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 01:32 AM UTC
I have some pics from the one at the Museum of southern New England I'll load them up to my webshots account tonight.

Josh
aka shiryon
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 04:46 AM UTC
Had some free time . the pics are on the My webshots account. You can find them at...
shiryon pics .

Josh
aka shiryon
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2002 - 11:15 PM UTC
Well, that worked out well! Through a stroke of good luck, one of the Germans working in my branch discovered my interest and offered his assistance. On Friday, I was given a tour of the German base at Rijlovac, near here. I was able to get a couple rolls of excellent shots of both the Luchs and the Fuchs of the Rapid Reaction Force. I wasn't able to get any shots of the top surfaces, since both types had canvas tarps over them to keep out the rain. Once I get them developed and scanned, I'll work on posting them here.

Now, anyone know of a Fuchs kit? I'm ready to roll!
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2002 - 02:47 AM UTC
There are only two tpz Fuchs kits in 1/35 both by revell(G) one is the standard apc and the othere comes with the added nbc equipment. there is also an aftermarket PE from Eduard and I believe a resin driving compartment from someone as well.

Josh
AKA shiryon
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2002 - 03:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There are only two tpz Fuchs kits in 1/35 both by revell(G) one is the standard apc and the othere comes with the added nbc equipment. there is also an aftermarket PE from Eduard and I believe a resin driving compartment from someone as well.

The drivers compartment is from MR Models. No experience with them, so don't know how good it is. The whole mess is on the way from GM, so I'll let you know how it goes. Got the PE, the driver's compartment, the wheels, the MD "detail set" (whatever that entails...I was feeling adventurous!), and...oh, yeah...the model. I take photos to post and review.

The Luchs is going pretty well. Undercarriage was a disaster. The molds must be getting quite old, as there were significant misalignments. I have replaced a lot of the rods with Evergreen rod. Some of the lengths of the stock parts would never have worked, either. The turret has several significant shape problems, but Evergreen and photos are fixing what I can. I will shoot some photos, and write up a review when I am finished.
 _GOTOTOP