_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Everyone Please Read...
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2002 - 11:43 AM UTC
First....a note about the smileys. DO NOT ever put your cursor over the smiley and hit the ENTER button....followed by the BACKSPACE button. Why would you? Well several times I have accidently used the "click on a smiley" function and by mistake done 2 or more. So I hit the backspace button to erase the extras...BUT...lo and behold your IE browser interprits this as a command to go back one page. And sadly when you try to go forward the post you were composing is GONE!?!?! Ack. So avoid that issue. If you need to backspace make sure to move your mouse cursor OFF of the smiley.

Secondly.... Would everyone please take a little more time selecting the forum for their initial posts. On the whole we are doing a great job but I am noticing a few posts that are "lost" or at least not in the most desired location. A few examples are the movie posts which should be in the TV & Movies forum and several Armor related topics that should be in the Armor forum. This is by no means a big thing. I just wanted to say something at this point so that it doesn't start getting worse.

Please note that I manually moved several of these topics to the correct forum. They were not DELETED as some forum sites do to off-topic posts.

Thanks,
Jim
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2002 - 05:12 PM UTC
In all truth I feel very desensitized using the Last postings function...I just answer what ever post I want, but don't think about where the post is!!
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2002 - 07:52 PM UTC
I make a habit of right clicking on the test I've written, selecting all, then copying all test. I do this when I have a longish post. That way if the infamous AOL craps out or one of my teenagers picks up my phone and boots me, the message (or most of it) is still on the clipboard.
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2002 - 08:09 PM UTC
lol! Gottcha Jim!
I'm one of the off forum topics guys, sorry!
Cheers!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2002 - 09:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

In all truth I feel very desensitized using the Last postings function...I just answer what ever post I want, but don't think about where the post is!!

Brian,
Not a problem really. The responsible party is the person who starts the forum topic. If someone does make a mistake (it's gonna happen - even I do it) then just reply as normal. The thread can always be moved later. I just don't want to have to be doing it a lot.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2002 - 10:27 PM UTC
Yes, Major Starkweather!

Whack!, thank you Sir, may I have another...Whack!, thank you Sir, may I have another...Whack!, thank you Sir, may I have another.

lol.

Tread.
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2002 - 10:30 PM UTC
Tread...

I always thought you were a glutton for punishment

YES SIR MAJOR SIR!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2002 - 10:42 PM UTC
:::laughing:::

Tread - Thanks....I needed a good laugh this morning.

Here you go.... ::::Whack:::::
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2002 - 02:19 AM UTC
I plead guilty, your honour. All the time I try to keep my conversations intelligible and respectful , and then THIS happens !!!
That's why I'm general FAILURE !

Any chance of getting out on parole ?

Jan
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 07:34 AM UTC
YOU BETCHA,BOSS :-)
Spike9077
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 08:12 AM UTC
Jim, I know how ya feel. That has happened to me twice already. It's very depressing after righting so much and then have it all disappear!

Mark
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 602 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 08:15 AM UTC
that happened to me once last week bet i dont make that mistake again
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2002 - 02:37 AM UTC
Here is My problem when putting a link for this site on my links page I wanted to use the Logo on the main page. Only when I tried using the save pic as function I only get part of it. Do you have a .gif or .jpg I could use. right now you just the name armoroma, Iwould like to do better.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2002 - 03:53 AM UTC
Ah...yes your getting just half because of the random image feature. I actually have a links page. The graphics should be downloaded (right click-save as) and stored on your site for bandwidth reasons. Here it is:

How to Link to Armorama

Thanks for the link!

Jim
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2002 - 09:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

First....a note about the smileys. DO NOT ever put your cursor over the smiley and hit the ENTER button....followed by the BACKSPACE button. Why would you? Well several times I have accidently used the "click on a smiley" function and by mistake done 2 or more. So I hit the backspace button to erase the extras...BUT...lo and behold your IE browser interprits this as a command to go back one page. And sadly when you try to go forward the post you were composing is GONE!?!?! Ack. So avoid that issue. If you need to backspace make sure to move your mouse cursor OFF of the smiley.

I just did this... after I wrote a lengthy description of the diorama I was going to make... All that, GONE!

Bummer

YodaMan
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2002 - 09:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just did this... after I wrote a lengthy description of the diorama I was going to make... All that, GONE

that's the good thing about Armorama....same player CAN shoot again.....
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2002 - 09:36 AM UTC
I just noted (on a test new post) that if you hit the forward arrow on your browser the message is still there. That may help for those who read this in future instances.

Cheers,
Jim
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2002 - 10:29 AM UTC
Just an FYI.
I usually compose my posts in Word, do the spell check, and then copy the text into the forum box here. That way if something goes wrong here, (i.e. in Armorama), I've still got the text in Word.

_GOTOTOP