29Foxtrot
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 07:48 AM UTC
G'day Folk's,

MY PROGRESS SO FAR:

Spending most of my time on those "Wingy Thingy's" here is a kit bash of a Dodge WC 54 Radio Truck, I mean a kit bash as this was a 'Skybow WC 51 Weapons Carrier married to an Italeri WC 54 Ambulance Bodyshell. Several things where changed during this major modification, as the Skybow chassis was far shorter than the Italeri Ambulance and I might add much better detailed.

The chassis was extended to fit the bodyshell using some evergreen runners, the bodyshell was cut at the firewall, brass wire is used as a pair of hood brace's, the water hose is a small piece of vynal tubing with a piece of copper wire inside. Door handles have been added to each door as the WC 54 Ambulance kit does not have them fitted to the doors.

The ladder on either side is made from copper wire and evergreen stips, the tarp covering the roof rack is made from a foil cap of a wine bottle, the bonnet is made from a piece of lead sheet cut to fit.

The Pioneer Tools and the rear view mirrors are yet to be painted.

The decals are fictional.

NOTE: The red side and rear lense's are from Artificial Jewelry [some Hobby Shops sell these items as enhancement products for model trains.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 08:00 AM UTC
Looks great. One pointer, I would use a different color green on the tarp on top of the vehicle. It all blends together too much. Good job.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 - 10:05 AM UTC
A nice build Rob. A few things I will point out though.

The radiator hose does not go to the side like you have it. They were a rigid straight up and a 90deg bend to fit centre of radiator.

My suggestion with the bonnet is to put a piece of very fine wire down the centre to represent the hinge.

The radiator to firewall braces are two large a diameter and also should be closer togeather at the radiator end.

Firewall color should be closer to the exterior color and the regulator box on the firewall should be painted satin black.

the tarp on top should be more of a color varience to the truck.

I have never seen a photo showing the ladders you have added to the sides. Have you a photo of this that you can share?

Other then that a nice build and I know you have been working on this for a while and it is nice to see it almost finished.

cheers
Cliff
 _GOTOTOP