_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Dreadnoughts! Final Countdown
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 02:42 AM UTC
Ahoy, Mates....
6 days, and counting backwards...still plenty of time to enlist and join in another fantastic Armorama Campaign, and warship history! C'mon people, take the plunge, and try something different! That's what the campaign idea is really about, building something that you normally would not...with that in mind, don't be shy, just go to the campaign mainpage, click onto the Dreadnoughts! Campaign name, and hit the enlist button to join in on what is surely to be alot of fun and a terrific learning experience for all involved!
Gunny
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2005 - 02:24 PM UTC
Gunny:

Back from the Nats, workbench is sorta cleaned up.

Got the ISW North Carolina out & really took a look at it. There are some real casting issues with the hull (see pix in My Gallery).

I'm gonna take the hull out on the deck & go at it with a couple chisels, knives, a few grades of sandpaper & some Squadron filler. If I can't get past these issues in the next week or two, I'm gonna switch to the Trumpeter version -- I cannot afford the time to get sucked into a major resin kit fix-up, not considering that I want this ready for the IPMS Nats next year.

I had talked previously with Gary & skipper re starting the hull clean-up a bit early, I just didn't remember how much effort it would be.

John
PS: Picked up the WEM paints for this at the Nats.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 11:14 PM UTC
Sounds, great, John!
I really can't wait to see some of the projects that are going to be presented in this campaign, the overall excitement is a bit overwhelming! Three more days to go, folks, still time to enlist!!!
Gunny
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 - 02:12 PM UTC
I see we still don't have a tag at the top of the page for Dreadnoughts .... Some of these finished things need to give up a slot ...

John
 _GOTOTOP