_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Record usage (again)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 04:17 PM UTC
We had a pretty big day today as far as page views go. I am not sure if a major search engine was spidering the site or what. We did 126,889 page views yesterday (ended at GMT). And we have done over one million for October already. We are also just 90,000 or so shy of hitting 8 million since the site went online in December of last year. We may actually reach 10,000,000 by December 16, 2002, our year anniversary. :-) :-) :-)

Thanks to everyone who has helped promote the site with fellow model-builders and of course everyone who uses the site regularly. You guys (and gals) are really what make this job/hobby worthwhile.

Cheers,
Jim
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 1,538 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 04:37 PM UTC
Congratulations to us all!!!!

The site's growth is phenomenal! Keep up the good work Jim! We just keep coming back again and again and again and .... #:-)
MadCat
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 04:40 PM UTC
Hey, without sites like this, how can modelers advance their skill levels?? I'd rather learn from a hobbiest supported site than go buy books which seem to be "I am the author and if you want to be as good as me, you will do as me".......not to be too sarcastic, of course.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 07:27 PM UTC
Jim - congrats... and I can tell you why you have been so successful... this is without a SHADOW OF A DOUBT one of the nicest sites I've ever seen, for any niche market, product, or service. Remember, I am the Director of Consulting for Hewlett Parkards CRM Division- which includes website and portal design... you easily match or beat most anything I have seen. You are extraordinarily gifted, and highly creative. The "rank" system alone was a shear stroke of psychological genius.... an addictive reward that also serves a useful purpose.

Again - congrats... If you ever want a job with HP, just lemme know!
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 02:33 AM UTC
Great feeling, huh ?
:-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 02:43 AM UTC
Congratulations Jim. Im sure there were times when you probably thought ... was it all worthwhile. Well, now you have your answer.
I was more regular at "another" site at the beginning but started to feel it was a bit "elitist". This is more my scene on armorama. But I do have a problem.
This is bloody addictive! I have to drop in at least twice a day to "get my fix".
Keep it up ...... we cant live without it!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 02:55 AM UTC
Jim
KFMagee hits it on the head!
This site would not be what it is without YOU.
Congratulations Jim and ALL
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 03:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jim - congrats... and I can tell you why you have been so successful... this is without a SHADOW OF A DOUBT one of the nicest sites I've ever seen, for any niche market, product, or service. Remember, I am the Director of Consulting for Hewlett Parkards CRM Division- which includes website and portal design... you easily match or beat most anything I have seen. You are extraordinarily gifted, and highly creative. The "rank" system alone was a shear stroke of psychological genius.... an addictive reward that also serves a useful purpose.

Again - congrats... If you ever want a job with HP, just lemme know!

Keith... I don't know what to say. Thanks.

Having my users say what you guys are saying makes it all worthwhile. It's been a very rewarding experience. Even my wife is sometimes proud of it.

About that job.... anything in the Fresno area?

Cheers,
Jim
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 03:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

About that job.... anything in the Fresno area?

Cheers,
Jim

Keith,
LOL ! It is OK to flatter Jim with those results, but don't offer him a job that would result in his losing interest with Armorama !!! Except,... maybe you have a well paid job offer for him, somewhere in the Bahamas, where he can work from home and only about an hour every week ? (And if you have TWO job offers like that, I'm interested too !)
Jan
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 09:21 AM UTC
Dear Jim, its nothing but the result of all your efforts to make this place such good to stay and enjoy....just keeping doing this great job, the rest speaks for themselves...
Congratulations! ... BTW, are you planning something for the 1year celebration?..Just a tought :-)
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 09:52 AM UTC
Jim, good on'ya and thanks for taking the time to make this site available. With the record usage were seeing and the attention you give the site there should be nothing but great things yet to come.
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 651 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 10:01 AM UTC
Jim,
I would like to add my congratulations for a job well done!!!
Keep up the good work.

boosahmer
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 10:37 AM UTC
1st year celebrations?
When did this site actually start?? It feels like it has been around longer!
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 12:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Except,... maybe you have a well paid job offer for him, somewhere in the Bahamas, where he can work from home and only about an hour every week ? (And if you have TWO job offers like that, I'm interested too !)
Jan

Can I be the landscape designer? Or the official horticulturist? :-) (for the estates in the Bahamas )

Seriously though, great news about the site usage. Seems like only yesterday were were having a celebration for 1 million page views! :-) :-) :-)

YodaMan
leogunner
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 12:56 PM UTC
Congrats!!!! But really when you stand back and think about it it's no wonder this site is so popular. I's easy to navigate and the wealth of information on this site is invaluable.
But really I think it's mostly the members that make it what it is. They are always quick to lend a hand with any number of topics or projects and it's good to know there are others out there who have the same passsion for the hobbie that I do.
Congrats again Jim and happy anniversary in advance!!!!!!!!
 _GOTOTOP