Hosted by Darren Baker
T34/76 Tracks
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 01:17 AM UTC
just brought the new Tamiya T34/76.But before i start just want to ask about the kit tracks.not realy a lover of link and lengh as i like indy links.
i always paint my track before i install them,but now i may have to install them first and then paint.or could i build them up around the road wheels then take them off leaving the drive/ideler wheels loose so i could paint them then put them back on.is this a wise move?
cheers karl
Ross
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 213 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 02:11 AM UTC
I have also just got this kit, presuming you mean the 1:48th one. I am yet to build this one but have used link and length on several 1:72nd T-34s.

I build them up into sections on the tank without gluing them to the wheels, so that I can unclip them. I then paint them off the tank and finally clip them back on and carefully glue in place.

I would build up the top run joined most of the way round the idler and one or two links round the sprocket and the bottom run seperately to complete. As I am yet to do this version I haven't yet found if I'd need to break it up any further.

Ross
 _GOTOTOP