_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Bmp-2 Ready for the parade
RoelGeutjens
Visit this Community
Belgium
KitMaker: 410 posts
Armorama: 383 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 07:09 AM UTC
Hello

I was able to buy a BMP-1 BMP-2 and a crew set from dragon very cheap on ebay a while ago. I started with the BMP-2 first. Wanted to make it look like the bmp's ready to participate in a major parade on the red square in Moscow.
What do you think of it so far???

The kit

Almost finished

Any comment is welcome

Greetz Roel
warvos
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 141 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 08:19 AM UTC
Hey Roel

you did a very clean buildjob on this one.
I can perfectly imagine her on a parade on the red square like you mentionned. CRisp clean, not a trace of dirt...

It's pretty hard to see the details due to the distance between model and camera. Could you take some more close up pics?

I'm wondering why you painted grey stripes on the hull?

what did you think about the quality of the kit?
I"ve seen her being sold for a very nice priced compared to the same model from other manufacturers.

I think the tracks may be the most difficult part of the kit. I don't like those semi-prepared tracks. For some reason they always turn out looking very artificial.

I'd love to see more pics.

brgds
Björn
RoelGeutjens
Visit this Community
Belgium
KitMaker: 410 posts
Armorama: 383 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 12:27 AM UTC
Hey

Here is a new picture taken a little closer. Hope it is better. The grey stripes on the hull are actually black ones like on the real ones. I studied many pictures to get it real.
Sorry if the quality of the pics is not good. I am looking to make them better. I have a Canon digital Ixus II. But the pics are not such a good quality......

Greetz Roel
 _GOTOTOP