_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Yet another MP Humvee finished!
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 - 08:52 AM UTC
Actually I finished a couple of weeks ago, but due to a funeral, work, and sheer procrastination I just uploaded photos for your viewing pleasure (or stomach ache, your call ). This is my entry for the MP campaign and it is Tamiya's M1025 with Blast Model's Humvee weapons accessory set.

That big black hump in the background is my cat who makes Garfield a kitten by comparison (Garfield is actually from my town; have met Jim Davis a couple of times)

The idea to simulate replacement parts came from Epi (thanks by the way) after viewing his latest HMMWV creation.

The weapons kit is Blast Models. I bought it in the beginning of the year, but only recently got around to working on it once college got out. The set is just as good as all the reviews say (all the good reviews anyway!). I will say that the instructions were a bit confusing, especially with mating the Mk-19 and gunshield together, a rare combination compared to the .50 and the shield combination. The photos were helpful, but deciding which gun cradle and which pedestal mount just got confusing.

I love SAWs with a passion. In fact the SAW and the rear gun mount was the primary reason for getting the set.

This is my AGE 2 entry M1046 (recently upgraded with an old Tamiya SAW and a scratchbuild rear gun mount and pedestal as well as weathered more) together with my entry for the MP campaign. Both were very fun - and easy - to build and are highly recommended for anyone wanting an armed and armored Humvee.

The red on the M1046 TOW version on the left is in fact red. This was a mistake I made in building and haven't corrected. I probably won't as, unless side by side with the correct thing, it looks asthetically fine to me.

More pics of in progress shots here:
MP Campaign M1025

PS: as soon as I the MP gallery is created, expect one of these beautiful shots (*cough) to grace its digital walls.

Thanks and remember to vote for AGE 2.

Jeff
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 - 09:49 AM UTC
Jeff...wow look super. I love the look that it has with the cammo hoods. Was the Blast Model's Humvee weapons accessory set worth the money! I only built one Hummer if I ever get around to doing another I'd like to get that set. Do you have any unit marking on it, and what color did you use.

BTW, did the gunner strap come with the Blast kit or was that something you made up.
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 - 11:00 AM UTC
Yes it is definitely worth the cost, just not the shipping; get a couple more things when ordering from Blast Models as the costs of shipping something from Paris is not cheap - if I remember the shipping for it and a small Dragon accessory kit cost about half the total for the Blast Model set. But from my little experience with resin I am impressed. The SAW's barrel came bent and the .50 cal barrel didn't fit right, and ended up breaking, but other than that I liked the set and would probably get it again. By the way, the strap did come with the BM set. Pawel's review in the review section gives a listing of everything provided.

The color used was Tamiya Buff. According to Gino (HeavyArty), this is more correct than the ModelMaster USMC/US Army Sand that I was using. The 3-tone is standard Tamiya NATO Green, NATO Brown, NATO Black. The highlight and drybrush was ModelMaster sand.

Jeff
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 - 11:36 AM UTC
Both look great. Good job.
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 01:04 AM UTC
Thanks.

Jeff
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,396 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 01:54 PM UTC
they look great!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 02:02 PM UTC
Awesome build Jeff
I also agree with mother about the cammo hood ..look fantastic.!
are u planning to put them in a dio??

USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 01:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

are u planning to put them in a dio??

Possibly. Given the unit designations for the vehicles, 9th Cav of 3rd ID (I think), and 16th MP Brigade (or 1st MP Company of the 1st ID - I can't remember as I am at work), I don't think they would have met, but it is possible that I'll integrate them.

I haven't really done a dio before, but plan to eventually.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 04:18 AM UTC
Nice little combo of anti-tank, grenades and MGs there.
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 08:48 AM UTC
Nice models Jeff! Offcourse I specially like that MP HMMWV :-) Just kidding, both models look great!

I like the idea of replacement parts. It gives a great combination of desert and 3 tone camo! Nice work!
Please post some pics of it in the MP gallery. Here is the link to it: http://photos.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php/cat/14663

Paul
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 09:30 AM UTC
Will do.

Jeff
 _GOTOTOP