_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Dreadnoughts! Last Call!!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 11:30 PM UTC
Ahoy ye' salts!

Today and tomorrow is your last chance to enlist in one of the most spectacular learning experiences that you may have! I'm speaking of the Dreadnoughts! Campaign, and if you are not familiar with this campaign or the campaign programs here at the Big A, just go to the top of your screen, look for the Campaigns Heading, click on it and you will be re-directed to the campaign listing section of Armorama.
Here you will find a listing of all the current campaigns running and waiting to begin, and you may enlist in any (or as many as you can handle!) of the campaigns listed...Dreadnoughts! starts in just two days, and will surely be a very interesting campaign to be a part of...so let's go mates, hop on the boat and join the rest of us for a fantastic voyage!
Gunny
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 01:14 AM UTC
Dreadnoughts Campaigners or to any thinking of joining up -

Back when Garry Beebe first came up with this great idea for a Campaign, I asked him if he thought offering a "donation" of a 1/700th "Waterline" kit from a "stash" of these that I had, might encourage others to get involved. Garry thought it was a good idea and to honor Garry and that commitment, I'll make the offer again. This is for anyone, but primarily geared to those who have never built a warship before and weren't sure if they wanted to commit to the expense of getting a kit to try. I have a few 1/700 "Waterline" Battleship kits that I collected several years ago and will donate them to anyone interested in giving "Dreadnoughts" a try. The only requirement is that if you take a kit, you pledge to join the "Dreadnoughts Campaign" and complete it. It is a first come situation and you need to send me a PM with your address info. Here's what I have available;

1/720th Revell USS Pennsylvania
1/700th Tamiya British Nelson
1/700th Tamiya British Rodney
1/700th Tamiya German Gneisenau

The Campaign runs until 1 April 2006 (8 months) and I think I have a few more hiding in a packing box. I plan on hunting them out and will update the offer when I find more. Help us honor a very special person, Garry Beebe and participant in his Campaign. Helping, sharing, giving, and being a encouraging others in this great hobby is what Garry was and still is. Thanks Garry

Blade48mrd
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Armorama: 761 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 01:48 AM UTC
Hi Mike!

Back then I have said my feelings about your act!
I can say it again:
Thank you so much for your offer, Mike!

Garry apreciated your offer then, as he and I and the rest of the mates will!

Skipper
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 04:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

are you sure people can not join once it has begun? I belive in other campains you could join at any time, but the finsih date remained the same.

And one other note, i had said i had a 1/350 missoury, it's actually a 1/350 Arizona. Also i'll be starting work on it late because i am in a mad dash to complete my entry for the capital cruiser campaign.

Jonathan...to answer your question, Bro, you most certainly can join the campaign after the start date!
It's up to you whenever you want to join, my man...but definitely join in the fun! Sorry for the misunderstanding!
Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 04:23 AM UTC
Greetings, Mike...
That is such a generous offer of your, sir, and it may give an opportunity for someone to experience a facet of this wonderful hobby that we all share, but just can't seem to aquire a model kit...a very honorable thing to do, Mike, and I want to offer a personal thank you from all of us at the big "A"...you're definitely allright in my book, sir.
Gunny
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 10:03 AM UTC
I still fully plan on being involved with this campaign. Unfortunately my digital camera was stolen, and it's going to be a miracle if I get it back. If I have to I'll buy a cheap film camera and scan it. With the way my company has locked down my computer, and not included any photo editing software, I'll have to scan it to email to myself at home, so I can use my photo editing software there. One way or the other I'll get them in, just won't be as easy as it once was.

jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 12:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I still fully plan on being involved with this campaign. Unfortunately my digital camera was stolen, and it's going to be a miracle if I get it back. If I have to I'll buy a cheap film camera and scan it. With the way my company has locked down my computer, and not included any photo editing software, I'll have to scan it to email to myself at home, so I can use my photo editing software there. One way or the other I'll get them in, just won't be as easy as it once was.

Rodger, that s**ks, but how about taking cheap film stuff to place that makes CD's from it & save the scanner issues -- I don't think it's all that much at WalMart & etc ???

John
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 12:58 PM UTC
Rodger, I do feel for you sir...
Blast the sumbitch that stole your camera!
I am sure that you will find a way to show us what you have going on in case that you don't get your camera back...I'm hoping that you will though, they're definitely not cheap...Thanks for hanging in there Rodger!
Gunny
|
 _GOTOTOP