Hosted by Darren Baker
Russian GAZ 67b
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 02:41 PM UTC
Finished this little kit .. well for now anyway. This will eventually go into a diorama, so weathering not 100% complete.
Comments and/or critic are more than welcome.

ACHTUNG
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 187 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 03:00 PM UTC
Look very Nice Frank, i like the way u make it dusty.
did u use chalk to get that dusty effect ?
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 03:13 PM UTC
Hi Ricky. Thanks for your nice comments. No chalks or pastels used yet. I will add some when this attached in the diorama later. They´d only get lifted or leave finger prints in the meantime.

The weathering so far, was made with very thin tamiya dark earth sprayed all over, but mostly on the lower vehicle. Then a very light misting of buff/light grey on the lower vehicle not covering the dark earth completely.
The diorama will be an urban scene, and I believe the GAZ jeeps were used mostly by officers and not on the front line.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 08:46 PM UTC
Frank looks like a nice build mate. As a tip why not matt coat over any pastels to stop finger prints removing them?
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 11:25 PM UTC
Frank

Another solid build. Interesting bonnet and front grill on this one -- and how the front lights kind of tuck in to the body work. Not being a soft skin afficienado, I don't recall seeing one of these modeled before -- pretty cool little build.

Nice touch on the glass, clean decals, consistent weathering over all. Nice!

Steve
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2005 - 11:30 PM UTC
Is this the old Tamiya kit? If so, I recon it has figures. Do they fare well?

Nice work! The dusting is very well done. What did you use for the base green color?
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2005 - 01:13 PM UTC
Hi Roo, Steve and Ralph. Thanks for your comments guys. Much appreciated.
Roo; I dont want to fully weather this just yet ... this is going into a diorama later with the SU76M and the Miniart vacuformed house I have almost finished. I prefer to weather all at the same time so they can be tied together and to the base with the same weathering. I tried the flat cote over pastels before, but ended up losing much of the effect. Need more practise at that trick.
Steve; PM coming in!
Ralph; Yes there were figures, but usual old tamiya quality. I might use some parts in a figure-bash, but overall detail was soft and heavy seem lines. Poses were good though, so with some TLC, they are usuable!
Tamiya olive green was used as a base, but it has been washed, drybrushed and had light filters. I dont worry about Russian green too much ... Anything goes in my opinion!

_GOTOTOP