_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Pantherturm
mkctanker
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 03:44 PM UTC
Just got this today in the mail and had to let you know. I saw an ad in MMIR #30 page 58 for a Panther Ostwallturm by Farina Enterprises and had to have it . Let me tell you it looks great! You have to supply the turrent of course but the base is molded beautifully. They also sent me a price list desciption of their other items(made me wish I would have spent the $8.00 for a catalog). The base is about 6x6 and was only $12.00. Let me know if anyone out there has anything else from this company. I e-mailed them first to make sure they had it in stock and it took afew days for them to get back to me but it was worth the wait.

mkctanker
Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 484 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 11:18 AM UTC
Is it just me or do I see no picture?
mkctanker
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 36 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2002 - 02:45 AM UTC
Sorry don't own a camera or a scanner but if you can find the issue of Military Miniatures in Review I mentioned though ad is small it will give you some idea as to the item. When I complete the kit I will try to put some pixs up. If you would like to see a real one try jagdtiger.de.

mkctanker
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 796 posts
Armorama: 574 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2002 - 04:33 AM UTC

Here's a photo of one still with the commanders coupla.

http://casusbelli.iespana.es/casusbelli/tierra/2gm/alemania/ostwallturm.htm

http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/quarters/4635/tanks/panther/panther.htm
bottom of the page a good write up with this picture, interesting thing is this turret isn't centered on the box.

Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 484 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2002 - 09:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

interesting thing is this turret isn't centered on the box.

I think it`s for space for the ammunution, I have a drawing fom a Panzerturm stellung with a steel box and the turret was on the same place as the concrete one.

I wil looke for that drawing and maybe there is a logical explenation why the turret is off center

_GOTOTOP