_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Large Scale
Dioramas with large scale (1/16 plus) subjects.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dio finished 21 Panzer Division in Normandie
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 07:07 AM UTC
Hello everybody
It is fine to be back after quite a long time inactivity by Armorama.
Well i have been still actief on model building so hier is a nieuw dio i have been doing meewhile. It was quite a challange actualy. Most of the soldiers on the dio are changed thanks too the magnificiant clay you can do so many thing with it. Try a lot of tips find on this excellent site. Such as making glasses it didn t work so good so it became sun glasses and i am quite happy with the result. So i hang up the chit chat and let you see my work.

the officier is the one who carry the sun glasses i hope you can see them :-)

this is the dio and for the first time the smalest one i didn t have that much time so it got shoter than expected

I hope that you like them, my laste diorama did upset some people so this one is a soft one NO BLOOD until now may be the nect one
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 07:13 AM UTC
Looking very good.

I would give the grasses some extra drybrush... they have a bit too much the "Out Of The Bag Look" especially the longer grasses... a drybrush with various tones of green and brown and the dio looks even more realistic.

Nice one !!

NB : A tip for the nex diorama... Try to avoid lines that are parallel to the sides of the base. In this case, turn the trench so that it makes a slights angle with the front edge of the diorama. This gives more depth to the scene and also looks better because of the better composition.
HILBERT
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,808 posts
Armorama: 1,069 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 07:14 AM UTC
The figures hand on the 10st pics is hanging in the air. Is that supposed to be that way? (from the pic on the MG)
Nice set up

Btw Welcome back!

Greetz Hilbert

Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 07:24 AM UTC
yup,like this one too.much to see and lot of action.great job
BobCard
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
Armorama: 847 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 08:17 AM UTC
I like it. Alot of action, good set up. As with anything it can be nicpicked but I really like the way you have presented this.

What did you use for the leaves in the trees?

Some ideas for smaller items, maybe some liquid starch on the netting to help it sag alittle around the edges. Agree on the tones of the tall grass. And maybe alittle smaller on the sand bags, at scale I would be needing a doctor after setting those up.

Really like the trees, nice touch on the grass clumps on the sand bags and nice trench weave and alot of great small details.

The only major question would be the direction of the fight, if it towards the cannon then I would worry if I was in the reserve forces, if it's towards the MG I would Really worry about the reserve forces. Without a story behind it I would suggest maybe the MG pit be on the end of the trench or reversed to be on the same side of the cannon. I know, too late now, maybe a good story about a break thru on the line maybe, or being surrounded.

Nicpic things.

Anyway Nicely done, I learn more form each one I complete. And I talk to much.

Bob
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 08:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking very good.

I would give the grasses some extra drybrush... they have a bit too much the "Out Of The Bag Look" especially the longer grasses... a drybrush with various tones of green and brown and the dio looks even more realistic.

Nice one !!

NB : A tip for the nex diorama... Try to avoid lines that are parallel to the sides of the base. In this case, turn the trench so that it makes a slights angle with the front edge of the diorama. This gives more depth to the scene and also looks better because of the better composition.

Thanks for the tips Danny
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 987 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 08:21 AM UTC
Rima,

I am impressed - it reminds me of a similar scene for the "Band of Brothers" series. Very Nice.
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 08:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The only major question would be the direction of the fight, if it towards the cannon then I would worry if I was in the reserve forces, if it's towards the MG I would Really worry about the reserve forces. Without a story behind it I would suggest maybe the MG pit be on the end of the trench or reversed to be on the same side of the cannon. I know, too late now, maybe a good story about a break thru on the line maybe, or being surrounded.

The idea is from Band of brother when they attacked the artillery position on D Day the MG where as well on the back of the artillery guns

Anyway Nicely done, I learn more form each one I complete. And I talk to much.

I do too

RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 08:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The figures hand on the 10st pics is hanging in the air. Is that supposed to be that way? (from the pic on the MG)
Nice set up

The man stand on the sand bag the laste picture show it a bit more

Btw Welcome back!
Thank you

alpha-1-7-0
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: -2 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 09:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Rima,

I am impressed - it reminds me of a similar scene for the "Band of Brothers" series. Very Nice.

just what i was thinking! great diorama Rima - give you a sense of urgency to the scene.

Aaron
USAF_Sarge
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 46 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 05:18 PM UTC
Great dio. Really impressive presentation. Keep up the great work!
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 08:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

it reminds me of a similar scene for the "Band of Brothers" series. Very Nice.

yeah this looks like the same scene...nice built RIMA...this is lovely...
ygmodeler4
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2005 - 07:33 AM UTC
Wow looks good!
 _GOTOTOP