Hosted by Darren Baker
Turkish AAPC/M113 Variant
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 03:16 AM UTC
Hey guys. I was in Turkey for a course recently, and an outfit called FNSS gave us a tour and proudly showed off the APC they are making. It is based on the M113A3 (they are a joint venture with United Defense) and is pretty neat looking. The vehicle looks like a Bradley and M113 hooked up and this is what resulted...sort of a Bradley looking hull on obviously M113 running gear. I took a bunch of pictures, which I will eventually post here.

When I asked about references for a conversion project, they were very willing, but the guy pointed out that there is a model of the thing already being produced. They had a couple built up in the lobby. I don't know if it is a local Turkish produced kit, or if it is from elsewhere. I am having a tough time locating a source via the 'net.

Can anyone help me find out where to get this kit?
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Armorama: 658 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 03:31 AM UTC
I wish people would stop modifying my favorite armored vehicle (M113), I will never be able to build them all #:-) I await your photos.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 03:32 AM UTC
It sounds like the runner-up to the Bradley (after the Brad had to be up-sized due to all the doo-dads added). I believe Academy makes one and is called the KIFV (Korean Infantry Fighting Vehicle?). I do remember the box art having a white UN marked vehicle on it. The Dutch use a variant called the YIPR or something like that. It's basically the same vehicle with the M901ITV hammerhead turret on it.

It does look like a smaller Bradley without a turret. Squadron carries it KIFV.
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 796 posts
Armorama: 574 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 06:20 PM UTC
Here is one I'm working on,

Here are some links;

http://www.salt6.com/m113/efiv1.jpg

http://www.salt6.com/m113/efiv2.jpg

_GOTOTOP