_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
SdKfz 232 6-rad "Spahwagen Abteilung!" entry
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 12:42 AM UTC
Hey all!

My entry for the Spahwagen Abteilung! campaign is this Sd.Kfz. 232 (6 rad) from the 2nd. Panzer Divison under Guderian in France 1940.
It's Italeri's SdKfz 232 that was released this year. It's a great kit and I can recommend it to everybody. It was a pleasure to build.
I didnt' place all the stowage boxes that came with the kit, because on my reference pictures I mostly saw less boxes.
Same thing for the headlights: they are not placed as mentioned in the instructions, because it's the wrong position according to the ref pics.
I also left away the horn for that reason.
The picture doesn't show the result very good, but the mirror on front is the plastic part from the kit with a little alu-foil glued over it. Over the foil came a drop of clear gloss. It's a real mirror now so the driver can easely park in his car now :-)

I didn't put dirt on the wheels and underside, because perhaps I gonna place the model in a dio and I'm not set what underground the vehicle is gonna be placed in (mud, sandroad, cobblestones etc.).

The figure is "Frankensteined" from a Italeri head (I think it was) on an other Italeri torso and with both arms from a modern US Tamiya tanker...

More pictures? Click here!
Comments and critics welcome!

Paul

thedutchie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,299 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 12:58 AM UTC
Hey Paul

Looks good. Is the wheel cover part of the kit or is that scratch built? It looked cool.

Good job
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 2,220 posts
Armorama: 1,707 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 01:36 AM UTC
Good Effort Paul. You may want to add some dirt to the underside of the fenders. Otherwise good job!
eerie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
Armorama: 242 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 02:04 AM UTC
hey its that little tank from "Allo Allo" its the one which that gay Lt drive. well without the upper hood. :-) :-)
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 06:30 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments guys!
The cover was part of the kit. I didn't paint it German grey but a bit canvas/greybrown (as well as the canvas headlight covers).

eerie LOL :-) :-) :-)
I like the idea Lt. Gruber drove it as his "My Little Tank", but than it was shiny washed and waxed and placed under a tree so the rain can't fall on it :-) :-)

Unfortunatly, Gruber drives a different car. I always thought he drove a SdKfz 222 or 221, but I doubted it because I saw them enter the vehicle once through a big door in the front. On this site I found out it was probably a modified Humber that looks like a 222. Actually, it's still a mistery, just like Carance, Lt. Grubers driver :-)

_GOTOTOP