_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
K5 Railgun update for Walcheren Campaign
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 09:34 AM UTC
Hey everybody.

I finnaly finished the two trucks today. The 'inside' of both the trucks is sprayed black for pre-shading and all upper parts are in place now.

As I said earlier the Trumpeter kit fits perfect overall. This goes also for the PE parts on the wagons.
The only minor thing I encoutered are the brass wire parts; you have to cut them in lenght, fold them in shape and place them under the wagon. The measurements mentioned in the instructions are too short; just added some more mm. in lenght and they fit bether. I don't know what they supposed to represent. I first thought it were railings, but perhaps it are cables or somekind...

The trucks are going to Eric (AKA 043)tomorow who has build the gunsection of the K5. I'll take some pictures to show it here tomorrow.
Eric leaves to Schotland day after tomorow for a holiday (eating some rubbish and visiting a military taptoe). When he's back from it he is gonna spray the whole K5, so that there are no differences in paint and appearence.

Meanwhile, I go throw myself upon the diorama base...

Here some latest pictures:

Both trucks finally finnished!

Details of the outside ends. Couplers are workable!

The inner ends

PE parts on the trucks

PAUL
HILBERT
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,808 posts
Armorama: 1,069 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 11:20 AM UTC
o...my...god.... thats looking awesome!!!

Did the kit includes the rails?? if so I had some thoughts why you guys would use a straight rails... why not with a little curve in it??

How much did you spend on the kit?? i'm very intresting in it becouse I've heard the dragon kit is much more expensive.... and it is a lot more less (how do you say this :-) ) detailled.

Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 07:12 PM UTC
Hey Hilbert!

The tracks are going to be straight as a ruler No curves and no turncircle for us.
This we do because we want to come as close as we can to the pictures we have of the K5 in Sluiskil.
We are going to use the track sections included in the kit but without the ballastbed. We make our own ballast because the ballast parts in the kit have somekind of display border molded on it and the ballast itself looks rather bad.

By the way: if you use the track without the ballast you can indeed make a curved track; the sleepers (bielzen) are molded together in a way you can lay them in a curve and the track itself is flexible enough.

The kit was 90 or 95 euro's when Eric bought it. I think the Dragon version is 110 euro. The price difference is not much, but I hear the Dragon is indeed less detailed and... not to scale!!! Someone told me that according to an article in FineScale Magazine or Military Modelling Magazine it seems Dragon has simplified the measurements and the whole thing would be too short.

PAUL
HILBERT
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 12:35 AM UTC
So the Trumpeteer kit is larger?? then you must have a very large thingy on the wall (I don't know what its called, but whatever...)
Can you give me the pic of it?? from that walcheren?? I proberbly missed that.

Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 02:41 AM UTC
Hi Hilbert, here it is!

There is more on the dutch community forum called "Leopold in Nederland"

Hilbert: My son find some time for me tonight, so perhaps tomorrow we can MSN! :-)

Paul
HILBERT
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 03:00 AM UTC
:-) :-) ow boy... well I can expect a PM from you then
 _GOTOTOP