_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Medics - "cleaning up" - Mr.Mox
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 05:18 AM UTC
This is the beginning of my contribution to the Medics build. Hope i“ll have it finished in time...

Anyway - first i glued some drywall on a piece of MDF board - i like the weight of the MDF and besides it isn“t affected by water and paint.

Here is a rough layout with the figures (a mix of Dragon, Tamiya and Verlinden), the jeep is Tamiyas lates offering, improved with straps for the tools and a load of thisandthat on the windscreen.

The Panther turret is a leftover from Tamiyas acient type "A" - it will be embedden in the ruins of a burnt out and collapsed french house. The figures will be on the street and the jeep parked alongside a other ruin.

Here is closeups of the figures - still in different stages of the painting.

Any great ideas or input ?
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 06:21 AM UTC
Very nice start so far. I especially like the added touch of the hand cart and map in the jeep. Also having a German medic helping German prisoners is very original, good job there too. I find it somewhat amusing in your current test fit, that the guy being carried by his buddies has no head! (though I know the reason why.)

Could you please elaborate on why a Panther turret is going to be buried in the rubble of a French house? Was it blown off of a destroyed Panther not "seen" in the dio? If so, how about damaging the barrel from the "landing"?

Also, when you get down to the nity gritty, a lot of strewn used bandages, dressings, torn open medical packages, Saline bags, etc. might be called for. Paper and tissue paper would be of benefit here.

Another idea would be to add "water" in the bucket in the hand cart and drap "used" bandages on the rim of the bucket. This would be for washing out used bandages to be reapplied. Usually this is done in the rear in a field hospital or aid station, but it looks like they have a ways to go to the nearest station.

Your composition and story line looks very well thought out. I look forward to seeing the rest as it progresses.

Jeff
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 07:18 AM UTC
Greetings, Jan...
I hope that you can get this entry done, because it definitely looks very interesting...lot's of action and different stuff going on...I think that once finished this will be a great dio!
Gunny
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 08:39 AM UTC
They guy limping in the middle with his arms around two other soldiers... is that a Brit being carried by Germans? I like the idea that both sides are taking care of their wounded regardless of sides. Unfortunately you have to go through a brutal battle to bring out such compassion
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 05:54 PM UTC
Thanks for your input - very usefull stuff!

@ Jeff: The panther turret is to give a sense of the intense fighting that has take place in the area. The idea about the damaged barrel is great - and will be used!

Your ideas about the bucket is also great, and i will try to do it - othervise i can use the bucket for the missing heads :-)

@ Mark: The fellow in the middel is supposed to be a german tanker - what you se is the basecoat for a cammo uniform.

_GOTOTOP