_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
stug interior
Recon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,571 posts
Armorama: 764 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 10:21 AM UTC
What are the correct colors for an interior to a stug III? I do know that the walls are white
and the floor is a red oxide. I need your help...
Recon
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2002 - 08:28 AM UTC
I believe pak40 is building a StuG with interior, so hopefully he will be able to help you when he sees this thread, Recon. It sounds like you have the basic info already. I guess you are wondering about specific parts?

Welcome to the site, by the way.

Nic
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2002 - 09:14 AM UTC
hi Recon,
as Folgore said i am building a Dragon StuG lllG late with a full interior. the main color i am using is Modelmaster ll Panzer interior buff. that is what i plan on using. a good reference is Osprey's StuG lll book, it has a great cutaway of a StuG interior. have fun with this, i am.

Chris Pig no.1
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2002 - 11:46 AM UTC
I have one of those Osprey books for the full interior of an Panzer III that I am doing and I find them pretty inaccurate in terms of colour. It seems that they use Museum pieces as reference but these are usually painted over in whatever color the museum wanted to use.
This can be quite frustrating
The best way to paint interior is to use the basic formula; red-oxide primer for halfway up and interor buff for the rest.
Andrew

Recon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,571 posts
Armorama: 764 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2002 - 01:58 PM UTC
Thanks for all the info. The kit (Jaguar) looks like a lot of fun. I am also using Verlindens zimmerit and Eduards skirts for this kit. If I ever get it done I'll send in some pictures. This is really a great web sit.
Thanks
Recon
 _GOTOTOP