_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Cromwell Models Churchill Kits
so3295
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 07:08 PM UTC
Hi,
I'm new to the forum though have been an AFV modeller for many years. I just wanted to ask if anyone had heard from Cromwell models recently. I placed an order in May for one of the new Churchill models and have not heard from them since.
Regards
Martin
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 09:24 PM UTC
Hi Martin,

Welcome to the site, and you post is well timed.

My kit (up armoured Mk4) arrived yesterday.

I ordered it on the 23rd of may, and my card was charged a day or two later. I then heard nothing until it arrived.

The kit i have, although it seems incredibly well moulded and detailed doesnt have any instructions, and came in a plain cardboard box with no pics of a completed model or anything.

At the time of ordering i also tried to order a set of British tank riding infantry (£70 odd for the set) and never got a response.

Your kit will arrive, eventually. From my experience cromwell make good kits but customer service isnt their strongpoint. I appreciate that they are probably busy producing kits but it doesnt take long to send out a little email with an expected delivery date or something does it?

P.S- i added a little to your topic title, so it is more noticable for the information you want.

regards

Joe
so3295
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 11:12 PM UTC
Joe,

Thanks for your response, I ordered an AVRE version with Fascine, hope it come soon, I've just finished the resicast conversion with bridge, quite impressive.

I have had a lot from Cromwell models and the kits are excellent.

I see from your profile you are a part time soldier, I spent 14 yrs with the TA until my unit was disbanded, served with 7 Royal Anglian in your area when I worked in Leicester and Royal Yeomanry when I was t Uni in Nottingham, last unit was a Royal Engineers ADR unit at RAF Leeming near to home.

Martin
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 11:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

, served with 7 Royal Anglian in your area when I worked in Leicester and Royal Yeomanry when I was t Uni in Nottingham, last unit was a Royal Engineers ADR unit at RAF Leeming near to home.

cool, the battalion we are currently part of, the East of England regt was formed when 7 R Ang and 3 WFR were dispanded.

some of the 7 R Ang coys and one 3 WFR coy (us) were amalgamated and called the EER.

now we are to become part of 4 Mercian, our regs will be 2 Mercian, and the angle brackets will form 4 R Ang.

dont you just love SDRs?

regards

Joe
so3295
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 03:27 AM UTC
Hi

The model has not arrived as yet, wonder if Gordon lloks at this forum?
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 03:51 AM UTC
how long have you been waiting?

i posted on track-link and from the response's i got there it would seem the average delivery times are 12-16 weeks after ordering.

regards

Joe
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 03:59 AM UTC
Has anyone actually phoned Cromwell?...Jim
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 04:24 AM UTC
Jim,

good suggestion, but only a possibility for me if its answered outside office hours.

i need to contact them to get instructions for my kit,

regards

Joe
NeilWB
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 26 posts
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2005 - 05:19 PM UTC
Martin,

I will be speaking with Gordon today - if you ordered in May and you have made payment then I am sure he has sent your kit. As a matter of course, Gordon never takes payment (assuming you paid by credit card) until he actually ships an order. I know he has had problems with the postal service in Glasgow, and I also know that the postal services in many countries (e.g. Canada) can take weeks to deliver.
If you have not been charged, Gordon has probably not received your order, so again it is best to contact him.
I would say as a general rule, if in doubt give him a ring - the telephone is now manned during the day.
I hope this helps.

Neil
NeilWB
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2005 - 05:23 PM UTC
Joe,

I will ask Gordon to respond to this directly - although his customer service has in the past been subject to criticism, he has made great strides forward in the last couple of years.

Regards,

Neil
so3295
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2005 - 06:37 PM UTC
Hi
Thanks for all the advice in reply to this post. Payment was taken shortly after I placed the order, but to date I've not received the model. I have ordered from Cromwell on many occasions over the years as the products are excellent and the order has usually taken bout 4 weeks to arrive, which is not a problem but this time it seems to have taken quite a while, I ordered in May. Any assitance would be appreciated, though I will try and phone Cromwell on Monday.
Thanks
NeilWB
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 09:01 AM UTC
Martin, Joe,

I have just spoken with Gordon - for some reason he is not able to access this site. Further he has asked me to point out that he is struggling with approximately 1000 spam e-mails per day and he is almost certainly losing genuine mail messages - Gordon is not the most computer savvy person.
Would you both contact Gordon tomorrow by e-mail (he will be watching for them) and he will resolve your problems for you.

Regards,

Neil
so3295
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 05:42 PM UTC
Neil,

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards

Martin
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 07:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I know he has had problems with the postal service in Glasgow

Well, i'm sorry but I don't know where this actually comes from... I regularly send and receive packages from Glasgow and the delivery time is beween 3-5 days (from NW Spain). Perhaps Gordon needs to completely revise his work methods.I must admit to not liking the sound of the cards getting charged and the model delivered 12 weeks later..Jim
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 08:10 PM UTC
NielWB,

i received my instructions with a sorry note on friday,

as you seem to be able to get in touch with him easier could you thank him for sending them.

Jim,

i agree, whilst the kits are amazing(one of the best resin kits ive seen) its not the best of work practices.

maybe something as simple as an email template to say est delivery time 12 weeks could be sent to anyone who orders. at least it keeps peoples mind a ease

i have several cromwell kits, and intend to buy more, but i might try to get them from a distributor (if there is one) in future

regards

Joe
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 10:24 PM UTC
Joe
Check your pm's
Pete
NeilWB
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 08:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, i'm sorry but I don't know where this actually comes from... I regularly send and receive packages from Glasgow and the delivery time is beween 3-5 days (from NW Spain). Perhaps Gordon needs to completely revise his work methods.I must admit to not liking the sound of the cards getting charged and the model delivered 12 weeks later..Jim

Well Jim, I know that it sometimes takes up to 12 weeks for delivery, as this is sometimes how long it takes kits to reach me, and the postmarks show this. A number of Gordon's other customers have also indicated that they have had the same experience. The fact that you have not had problems says very little - it could be a problem associated with one sorting office, and there are probably sevral in Glasgow.,Furthermore, you are assuming that Gordon is charging peoples credit cards and then not shipping straight away? Please don't jump to conclusions.
I have already suggested to Gordon that he sends out an e-mail to those customers who order over the Internet, indicating when their orders have shipped - at least that way people will know to raise the alarm if nothing arrives.

Regards,

Neil
so3295
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 05:56 PM UTC
Hi
I had a reply to me e-mail to Gordon last night, hopefully everything will be sorted by the end of the week.

Thanks to those of you who have helped to resolve the issue, its much appreciated.

I have been ordering kits from Cromwell for many years and always found the kits and service to be excellent, this is the first hicup I've had. I can now look forward to building the model.

Thanks

Martin
so3295
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2005 - 03:23 AM UTC
Hi

Model arrived today and is well worth the wait.

Regards

Martin
 _GOTOTOP