_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
AA Chally2 armour update
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 545 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 03:58 PM UTC
Just got mine in the mail today.WOW.I'm impressed with it.The photo etch is great and the resin crisp( as I expect from AA).I have many AA full kits and conv. and this one ranks up at the top.The instructions have also changed for the better,they are now very clear and easy to read (some of my older kits are very hard to make out exact locations).

Once I finish my current projects this will be the next one I do.I can't wait to get into this one.

Jim
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 04:40 PM UTC
Some quick pics of the kit

Jim
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 05:03 PM UTC
Hey Jim,
What's this upgrade for Tamiya or Trumpeter?, looks mighty impressive. Will you have it done for the October show?
I sure hope the directions are better, I've got a couple of AAs that I got off Martin ( Centurian AVRE and a Scimitar) and the directions are well, they will be a challenge!
I was thinking about starting an campaign on Modern UK armour, originally calling it "Operation Granby" - modern british armour used in the Gulf, maybe there is a way to get armour used in both conflicts involved...what do you think?
Cheers
Pete
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 05:14 PM UTC
Hi Pete

It is made for the Tamiya kit.The cost of it to land it here was high 58 pounds (kit + shipping) plus I was hit by customs for $20 CDN. So I'm not doing to many!I already have a Tamiya kit on the shelf so I don't have to shell out another 70 bucks.

Jim

And yes,I'm in for a modern brit build as long as it's not to soon(5 on the go now).
NeilWB
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 26 posts
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2005 - 05:59 PM UTC
Jim,

Now you have the update is it obvious why AA have included new hull side armour panels? I thought that these had not changed.

Thanks in advance,

Neil
 _GOTOTOP