_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Spahwagen Abteilung!--SdKfz 234 Diorama
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 04:29 PM UTC
My entry! The finishing touches are on the beast, and I intend to do nothing more with it!

This is also the first attempt at a diorama in decades, mainly because I am tired of merely shooting agains a neutral background.

This is a Bandai/Fuman 1/48 SdKfz 234 built as an Afrika Korps snoop. A nice kit with a 32 part suspension, excluding the wheels and transmision.

The wire guards over the mufflers were solid plastic, so I stretched and glued pantyhose over the parts. The terrible tools were replaced with model railroad metal trackgang tools. The crew member in non-regulation work overalls, is from an aircraft kit.

moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
KitMaker: 986 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 04:48 PM UTC
nice one fred... the paint chipping and weathering looks good that it's hard to believe it was 1/48! and the figure helps to give some scale to the model.

a comment : add a few small rocks to the dio as the north africa battleground is mostly rocky + some bushes, not all sandy desert...
Asmenoth
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 274 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 07:49 PM UTC
You also might want to put extra sand on the diorama so you can add tire tracks and push the model down into the sand to give the appearance of weight...and to make it less obvious that all the wheels do not touch the ground.

Of course this comment mabye too early if you have not finished the ground work.

:-)
russ
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 432 posts
Armorama: 359 posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2005 - 08:56 PM UTC
Nice work Fred

The chipping and weathering looks great, also you could dirty up the crewman a little as he looks a bit clean at the moment.

JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 12:19 PM UTC
MoJimbo, Asmenoth, Russ,

Thank you. Valid points, good tips, all. I'll do so.
 _GOTOTOP