_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/25 Centurion Decals
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 12:44 PM UTC
Ok, have finished building and painting my big 1/25 Tamiya Centurion. This has been one of the best kits I have put together. Everything pretty much fell together. Amazing considering this kit is 30 years old! I only have one problem. The decals are wasted. I think they have suffered from humidity or something. I cut one that I knew I wasn't going to use to see how they would respond, being 30 years old and all. Well, they are stuck to the backing paper and wont come off. I soaked the test decal in water for about 45 seconds to a minute and it was not moving. I then took a blade and tried to peel the decal away from the backing paper and noticed that they are totally adhered to the backing paper.

Any ideas on where I might find some British markings? I tried going to Kinkos and copying them to a new decal sheet but the yellowed paper color kept coming through on the copied prints. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Cory Sutton
Monte
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 833 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 04:07 PM UTC
Cory,

Send me your email address and I will send you a scaned copy of my Centurion decals. Maybe you can take that to Kinko's for your decal sheet.
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 07:07 PM UTC

Have spare set --------------want to p-m your "snail-mail" address
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
corsutton
Visit this Community