_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Gallery question.....
Art
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 604 posts
Armorama: 318 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 02:53 AM UTC
. If I transfer a pic to a campaign gallery, does it still appear in my gallery?

. If I post a pic directly to a campaign, does it also post to my gallery?

Thanx.

Art
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 04:08 AM UTC
Art,
The gallery application is all database driven. So when you post an image anywhere in the gallery it will also appear in your personal gallery area. The only exception to this is when you put the image into a personal category you create. I think in that case the software does not duplicate the image in both folders (the category and your root personal gallery).

And for the record (as it is a bit confusing). If you delete an image from your personal gallery and this image was originally placed in a campaign (or other) category, the image will be removed from both locations.

Thanks,
Jim
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 05:06 AM UTC
Just to clarify.... My Photo Gallery is divided into albums for each one of my builds.

I would have to upload it once directly into the Campaign folder to enter my build into the campaign. It will also automatically display the same pic in the general section of My Photo Gallery.

If I wanted to sort my pics via Albums I would have to upload the same pic a second time into the proper album.

When complete that pic uploaded twice will appear three times (Campaign, Personal Gallery, Album)

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2005 - 05:35 AM UTC
Yes that sounds about right. The image would be on the server (as a file) twice.

Jim
Art
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 604 posts
Armorama: 318 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 04:08 AM UTC
Got it. Thanx, guys.

Art
 _GOTOTOP