_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
washes
godfather
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 465 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 09:26 PM UTC
Do all of you use washes if not why not?
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 01:30 AM UTC
I do and I think most intermediate and up modelers do. ALthough I now try to conrol my impulse to wash every little detail.

Josh
aka shiryon
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 04:21 AM UTC
No - not a realistic depiction of what happens to a subject over the course of time and use.

Gunnie
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 04:56 AM UTC
I do as well. I just like the way that it accentuates things when applied in conjunction with dry-brushing afterwards.

Gunnies' stuff is excellent! If you can master the effects of weathering without applying washes like he does, then you are certainly far more talented than I.

Thanks,
Kevin Keefe
Mortars in Miniature
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 04:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I do as well. I just like the way that it accentuates things when applied in conjunction with dry-brushing afterwards.

Gunnies' stuff is excellent! If you can master the effects of weathering without applying washes like he does, then you are certainly far more talented than I.

Thanks,
Kevin Keefe
Mortars in Miniature

Aw you humble me Sir!

I won't feel myself complete until you start a thread on building one of those great Mortars you do so that I can give it a go and learn new things!

Gunnie
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 06:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Aw you humble me Sir!

I won't feel myself complete until you start a thread on building one of those great Mortars you do so that I can give it a go and learn new things!

Gunnie

Please don't call me "sir"....I'm just an old Staff Sergeant at heart.

(Jim, can I get permanently 'busted'?? Seeing that there isn't an AA rank of E-6. Please??)

As far as starting a thread on Mortars, well, thanks for your kind words, but there isn't anything special to these things. Quite easy to do. The hard part is finding some of these kits. Besides, I wouldn't want to waste Jim's BW when I can waste my own. Some of my other stuff might be a different story tho. (Actually, I've been working on a page about my 'Other Models'.) Looking forward to the softskins forum.

I salute you Sir Gunnie for your fine, outstanding work!

Thanks,
Kevin Keefe
Mortars in Miniature
 _GOTOTOP