_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Road to Damascus
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 09:32 PM UTC
Saw this masterpiece on Missing Links today. It is made by a guy called Douglas lee.
See link
http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=110741&messageid=1035859788

One brilliant dio.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 12:59 AM UTC
Great Job he did 4 years in the making scratched figures goosh that is killer. Didn't know that they used Panzer 4's that late. Live and learn
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 01:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great Job he did 4 years in the making scratched figures goosh that is killer. Didn't know that they used Panzer 4's that late. Live and learn

That Panzer IV was captured by the Russians, given to the Syrians and later captured by the Israelis. I don't know how many this happened to, but one of these with shurtzen on the turret only, was then traded to an armor museum in Mattituck, Long Island, NY which has since moved to Danville VA. I have photos of it from the summer of 1998. I think the owner said it was still functional and they took it out to run a couple times a year.

Here's a link to the home page and a shot of the Panzer IV. http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/
Digger
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 11:42 AM UTC
What a fantastic Dio.

I'm not sure whether its inspirational or whether its telling me to give up because I'm never going to make the grade.

I must say I'd like to find 3-4 hours every week to do modelling let alone 3-4 hours a day.

Thanks for showing us the link.

Cheers
Digger
 _GOTOTOP