_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-72 Deep Wading Gear
rommel21cw
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 02:01 PM UTC
Does any one have any photos/drawings/diagrams of a T-72 with its deep wading gear on and deployed. Any help is appriciated.Also does anyone know of one of these made as an AF kit out there? Thanks.
rommel21cw
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 07:20 AM UTC
Well after days of searching I have only been able to come up with one picture and almost no info regarding the wading equipment itself.

This is the picture i found

I will continue to search and now I think my best bet will be a publication or a T-72 TM. I remember being in a B&N and finding a book with a picture in it with a row of what appeared to be t-72s with wading gear on preparing to move out. Instead of just having a snorkel on them they had a large tube above the commander's hatch in which the commander was perched in at the top. Well right now I really regret not getting that book. Still if anyone can come up with anything it is very appreciated. Thank you.
Davester444
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 850 posts
Armorama: 548 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 08:06 AM UTC
Information and pictures of modern Russian armour is still quite hard to find, especially compared to American or European tanks. I searched for a few minutes, and came up with nothing more than 'The T72 was fitted with wading gear.'
 _GOTOTOP