_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Miniature Magic T34 mod.41 done
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 10:45 AM UTC
Here's the DML 1/72 T34 model 41 Almost OOB I drilled out the headlights,painted the insides silver,and used 5 minute two part resin for the lenses Testors MM acrylic green drab for base coat Used Testors MM faded OD enamels for drybrushing
I would add a tow cable But I think I may have thrown out the sprues that had the tow cables I am impressed with the kit Had to sand a few parts to get them to fit The tracks are great Not too tight or too loose

Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 11:42 AM UTC
Hey Chad

Your T34 looks great ! Even though I always liked russian AFV's at least a little rusty In fact it looks so nice that I will have to try one of those dragons small scale kits myself

BTW- what is that industrial setting you display your models on? It looks interesting and kinda reminds me some sand channels

Cheers

Pedro
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 11:58 AM UTC
Pedro
Thanks for the kind words I took those pics on the back end of the truck I drive for a job I drive tractor trailer (articulated lorrie) here in the U.S. That area is like a walkway that is between the rear of the truck and the front of the trailer
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,242 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:14 PM UTC
Chad this was one of your on the road builds? Awesome!

You should do an article on how to build in a sleeper.

By the way, I can't recall if I told you this or not, but should you find yourself with a load heading this way, let me know and I'll buy you supper.
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:16 PM UTC
Hi Chad!
Very nice model. Love that faded russian colour and the subtle use of rust.
One nitpick: why no markings?

Paul
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:21 PM UTC
Steven
Thanks for the offer I want to do an article I am just getting writers block on writing the article :-)

Paul
I've seen some T34's that weren't marked It's been years since I've read anything on Russian W.W.2 armor As far as I know the Russians didn't start using slogans until 1942 But I could be wrong

I just wanted to do a quick and easy build I think I will do more 1/72 stuff
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:28 PM UTC
I'm interested in reading about your build. I've got a pair of these and wonder what to look out for. Your kit looks pretty good from here, especially an on the road build.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm interested in reading about your build. I've got a pair of these and wonder what to look out for. Your kit looks pretty good from here, especially an on the road build.

Rob
The fit wasn't too bad On the rear hull plate,where the exhaust pipes are,and the piece that goes back on the turret,I had to add some very thin strips of plastic

I did that because it was my opinion that the gaps were too large For the road wheels,idlers and sprockets...... I taped them down on the back side on a piece of wood and sprayed them that way

I did have to re-drill the mounting holes for the road wheels They wouldn't fit onto the mounting axles

The tracks are great Not too tight and not too loose They are the new formula tracks Like the type Tamiya uses
 _GOTOTOP