Hosted by Darren Baker
opel blitz omnibus kommanderwagon
hussar123
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 04:38 PM UTC
Hi first time here, i have a Ironsides opelblitz omnibus kommanderwagon model, I was wondering dose anyone know, or have photos of how the germans used these vehicles. It has all this neat commo gear, radios enigma mach, field phone etc, etc, but no antenna, of any kind, or areial. How did they use it, run the wires. Im guessing they had one of those telescoping antennas, but i dont know for sure. Another question, is did they run the wires thru the open doors or did they have connection jacks on the exterior of the bus somewhere? I could really use some help on this one. Thanks in advance.

Joe
Jock
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 58 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 06:47 AM UTC
Dear Hussar, I love softskins and someday I have to buy that kit. For photo reference try; Schiffer's "Opel at War"pg.43-46, or Samochody Wehrmachtu,vol.2. pg.30-31. It's #90 from Wydawnictwo Militaria. These buses were used for many tasks but it's hard to get pictures of them in the field in any particular use. Good luck, JOCK
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,580 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 07:15 AM UTC
Hi Joe,
I did some searching and found the following link that you might fine useful:
http://www.laud.no/la6nca/radio/german/german4/picture/bil.htm
Be sure to check all of the topic buttons on this page...lots of interesting radio shots on each.
This guy is really into German radios! I bet he could answer your questions.
I'm glad to see you took my advise and checked this site out. Hope you like it.
hussar123
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2002 - 03:28 AM UTC
thanks guys for the help, Mongo you wernt kidding about that site WOW, still didnt get exactly what i needed but im getting close i e-mailed him about my question maybe he can give me an answer, if this guy dosent know then i dont think anyone would. I found tons of neat photos for doing German radio trucks, lots of diorama material here. I even found a pic of a 6 wheel Mercedes Benz G-4, that i have a model of, i think it was taken in 36. Thanks again guys maybe i can be of help to you sometime.

Joe
Jock
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 58 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2002 - 01:46 PM UTC
Mongo, OOk OOK!, Me like pictures a lot .Thanks,JOCK
Viking
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 11:46 PM UTC
@ mongo:
this link is extraordinary, outstanding, marvellous, hyper..........
(:-)
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,580 posts
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2002 - 12:38 AM UTC
Thanks guys. I lucked out on getting the right combination of words in my search engine. I've submitted this site to ArmoramA. Hopefully they'll like it too and post a link to it.
Thanks,
 _GOTOTOP