_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Armorama 500 Compleated Entry
Asmenoth
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 274 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 09:46 AM UTC
I decided to finish up my Tommi Makkinen Subaru that's been sitting around...now I need to finish a bunch more

Being a WRC fan in the United States is like being the soda vendor at a NASCAR event...very lonely.

:-)
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 02:11 PM UTC
If the driver was not visible, i actually thought that was a life size car! Dont get me wrong though, your figure was nicely done.
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 03:13 AM UTC
Very nice model, although a bit to clean for a WRC car :-)
Specially the second picture I like very much because of the low angle the picture was taken; just as it is in a studio photoshoot. Very convincing!

Paul
Asmenoth
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 09:01 AM UTC
Thanks. Though, looking at the 2nd pic again...I should have pulled back a bit. A little on the blurry side. As for it being too clean...very true. Weathering tanks, I do it without thinking. But for some reason, I don't really weather the cars. Actually I do weather them a little, some washes here and there on the engine, undercarrage and wheels (even though most of the work on the engine and such gets hidden under the panels that protect the engine and such on the real car).

Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Armorama: 1,339 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 07:05 PM UTC
A beautiful piece of work Tim. I particularly like the first picture, where you can see, what looks like trees to me, reflected in the window. Makes it look very real.
What paint did you use for the gold wheels?
Asmenoth
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 09:05 PM UTC
Those are trees, I took the pics on my back porch (better light). Actually, since this is one of Tamiya's newer kits, they come prepainted. I'm kinda curious what color they use as I have used their gold spray paint to paint wheels on the older kits and they came out lighter in color and not as "smooth" looking.

Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,500 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 03:30 AM UTC
Nice addition to the "500". What color did you use for the blue, it has a nice hue to it.

Dave S.
Asmenoth
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 08:53 AM UTC
Tamiya TS-50 Blue Mica. This one I sprayed with out Primer, was out at the time and the shop was closed. Since it went over blue plastic, and I didn't use any resin or metal parts, I figured it would come out well. You can get a good shade using silver as an undercoat as well.

campari
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 371 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 02:36 AM UTC
This is a nice job Tim.I like it very much.
I know this is only depends on you choise but according to my oppinion if you have a figure in it, it will be more beatiful to make kit dirty.Its also beatiful while its clean we can see clearly the how good the figure is.
Thanks for sharing.
 _GOTOTOP