_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Gonna try this again...
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 11:31 PM UTC
Hey there
Have tried this post before for no response, but want some answer or guide! Involves a photo of 6AD 68th TB with the 68 TBs' white triangle displayed on the left applique armour. Then a 'speed' number 77 is displayed towards the rear. What I want to know is how the right side of the tank would be configured. Do the 2 applique armour attachments on the right side interfere with and therefore change the placement of the triangle and number by making them overlap both hull and armour? And does the order reverse so the triangles remain at the front of the tank on both sides? Bugger it. I've included a diagram for those who are still focused :-)
Brad
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 12:04 AM UTC
while you have waffled on and muddied the waters a bit the middle example would be the correct one.

If the white triangle is at the front on the Left it will be at the front on the right. The #77 would fit over and around anything else on the armor on the right side as well

hope this helps Brad
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2005 - 06:45 AM UTC
I agree with Cliff on this one ..the middle one looks right to me...Are you doing an M4 or an M4A3? If it is the M4A3 don't add the extra armored plates.

Rick
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 09:17 PM UTC
Thanks guys hoping this was the concensus
Oh it's an M4 by the way Richard
brad
 _GOTOTOP