_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Armorama500 entry Lancia Delta HF Integrale
campari
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 371 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 02:55 AM UTC
At last I finished my entry to the campaigne.This is my first kit and its good for me to finish it on time for the campaigne.This car is Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16v and it used in 1000 Lakes Ralli in 1991 by Juha Kankkunen.All comments are wellcome

Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 03:04 AM UTC
althought im not a car modeler i like this one!

one thing i noticed is that the tires are too clean and a bit glossy, some very thin layer of dust would do the trick

congrats on good work
Mirko
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 03:27 AM UTC
Very nice Campari!

Actually, it's a good thing to see an European car crossing the finnish here on Armorama :-)

Great job!! Was it the Tamiya kit?
I agree with Mirko on the tires, and perhaps you could also drip a few deluted black paintdrops on the rims of the wheels: this creates some shadow effects and makes a very convincing appearance!

Paul
wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 05:42 PM UTC
Kaan, my brother,
It is very nice to see your model here on Armorama. It is your first presentation here. I like it. Congrats on finishing it
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Armorama: 1,339 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 05:53 PM UTC
Good looking model Campari.
It must have been quite a chore, to apply all those decals. They look really good.
I agree with the others on the wheels. Give the wheels a little black wash and it will get a lot more depth.
The campaign has been extended a month. New finish line is 30'th of september, so you have plenty of time to make improvements, if so desired.
campari
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 371 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 08:23 PM UTC
Thanks for all comments.According to your warnings I will make some final tuch to the wheels.But as İ mentioned this is my first kit and before doing this kind of things I need to be do practice.Maybe I can't do this tuch ups in the campaingne time.But be sure that I will do.
Also same thing for the rims.
This is the Hasegawa 1/24 kit.Photoage parts also came with the box.
Asmenoth
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 274 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 08:36 PM UTC
Very nice, another rally car. Looks great! As for using a wash on the wheels, try using a redish brown and don't be too heavy with it...I usually use Chestnut Ink from Games Workshop. It looks really good on the Subaru's gold wheels. For white and silver wheels, I usually thin it down a bit (put a few drops of water on your pallette, then dip the brush into the ink and add that to the water. The color of the ink is too strong to use straight from the bottle on light colored wheels).

:-)
 _GOTOTOP