Hosted by Darren Baker
Ram II badger
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 289 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 11:56 AM UTC
Well I'm a happy 1/48 scale modeller with the announcement that Gaso.Line is doing a Ram II Badger (flamethrower) conversion for the Ta.miya Sherman. No Battle for the Rhineland diorama should be without one. Some of the stuff this company is coming out with is very interesting including the prototype Minenraumer, Italian tank crew figures for their M14/41 or Semovente, kubelwagen riders and even some Free French figures, one being a woman. Pics of them can be found at Track48.
Glenn
28juni14
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 12:54 PM UTC
I've been tempted for many months now. Just can't place the order.... The M13/40, and now the Marder are two of my favorites vehicles, but I just can't convince myself to invest in them. I continue to hope both kits will see the light of day in plastic. Perhaps Italeri will enter the quarterscale arena with some Italian armour.... I dont know... Just don't look forward to attaching parts to a solid block of resin.
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 289 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 01:15 PM UTC
I hear ya, just letting the folks know what is available. Still plenty of people don't know what can be had in 1/48 scale. I'm only interested, myself, in the NW Europe theater of operations so I never model Russian Armour, or North Africa stuff., but for those who like this stuff, its available. As for me, the Ram II Badger conversion looks like a simple straightforward fit of top to bottom. Sure I would rather have a plastic kit of this vehicle but that is not likely to arrive soon, so a resin conversion kit will have to suffice.
Glenn
wingsntreads
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 174 posts
Armorama: 123 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 01:21 PM UTC
Hey guys Wings n Treads will soon be carring some of the Gaso.line products. Hopefully by October.
 _GOTOTOP