Hosted by Darren Baker
New SkyBow stuff
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 289 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2005 - 03:55 AM UTC
The Heavy-steel site has announced upcoming kits from SkyBow. They will release an early Panther G with zimmerit and an early Jagdpanther with zimmerit. If Tamiya's Panther G is a later production then we will have two types of Panthers to play with
Glenn
P.S Aber and CMK are now in the game with 1/48 scale offerings.
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2005 - 10:57 AM UTC
No, they did not go out of business. They sold their 1/35 molds to AFV to concentrate on exemplary 1/48 scale kits. Their Tiger I, early prod. and late-prod. with zimmerit are favourites amongst 1/48 enthusiasts. They are working on a Firefly but will release their Panther and Jagdpanther first apparently. They specialize, it seems, in vehicles kits with zimmerit already molded on. I have their late production Tiger and it looks great.
Glenn
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2005 - 12:54 PM UTC
Glenn is correct. Skybow did not go bust they only sold all their 1/35 scale molds to AFV club to concentrate on 1/48 scale vehicles.

cheers
Cliff
wingsntreads
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 174 posts
Armorama: 123 posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2005 - 05:23 PM UTC
I will tey to get more info on release dates etc on these. I hope with these kits they will gain a bigger foothld here in the US as a quality kit manufacturer. The Tigers bith early and Late are wonderful kits the late with Zimmermit is by far a much better kit than Tamiya's Tiger offereing.
Larry_dunn
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 04:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

They specialize, it seems, in vehicles kits with zimmerit already molded on.

A noble thing to specialize in, might I say.
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,183 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 11:01 AM UTC
If these guys keep up the excellent work they did on their Tiger's (which I have both of), I might have to consider switching over to this scale exclusively.
Marlowe
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 11:48 AM UTC
Perhaps the new Trumpeter releases (Shermans) will help ease that decision.
28juni14
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 01:09 PM UTC
I think we can assume the Tamiya Panther G will be a late offering as is their 1/35 Panther G currently out there. It's likely they use the same plans (not down-scaled!!) of their better 1/35 offerings from the past few years. Like everyone else, I expect the SkyBow version to be par excelente (the SkyBow drawings do show an early G without the chin on the gun mantlet). As a further observation, you will note the SkyBow Panther is to be kit #4807; skipping from #4802( the Firefly). Then the JagdPanther skips to #4811! That clearly suggests they have been working on moulds for at least another 7 kits ! To me, that is exciting to know. Incidently, I'm so taken with SkyBow qaulity, I have 10 of their Tiger kits !
 _GOTOTOP