_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
My finished Spahwagen entry
Davester444
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 850 posts
Armorama: 548 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2005 - 08:25 AM UTC
This is my finished entry for Spahwagen Abteilung campaign. It is Tamiyas Universal Carrier built OOB, except for the boyes rifle from Italeri accessory set and the camo nets, which were used to hide the decals I made a mess of. All tips and comments welcome, as this is only the second model I have finished and would like advice on how to improve.

The base in the first picture is a piece of the Atlantic Wall I found near Utah beach. It weighs just under 2 kg, and since the Atlantic wall had about 11 million tons of concrete, there is enough left for everyone else in the world to have an equal piece. :-)
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
KitMaker: 986 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2005 - 01:40 PM UTC
great build dave... i like the subtle rust weathering on the sides. some suggestions:
- are the seat colours white? they should be in khaki.
- IMO the 'holes' in the cammo netting seems overscaled.
- a crew figure will add more interest to the model.
- since it was used for recon, pehaps you could add a few radios/antennas to the vehicle.
- a few personal equipment, ammo/ration boxes, helmets, duffel bags inside/outside the vehicle will be nice.

... happy modelling!
Davester444
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 850 posts
Armorama: 548 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 04:59 AM UTC
Thanks for the compliment. In reply to your advice:

The seats aren't white or khaki, they're sort of halfway in between, but the photo doesn't show it well. I may repaint them.
The net is a little out of scale, but it looks much better than the decals underneath which I messed up. If you look closely, you can see that the front left registration number is missing a digit.
I was going to add a three man crew, but my figure painting skills are pretty poor.
There is a radio in the back, but you can't really see it in the photos. I will add an antenna if I can find out how long it should be.
The ammo boxes are there (you can see them in the second pic), but I might add more things to fill it up a bit.

Thanks for the advice!
 _GOTOTOP