_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
CCC Eternal finished
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 09:06 AM UTC

Three pics of my Eternal from Bandai.
One showing the sludge wash in process of being wiped off.
One showing a sludgewashed fighter and one wiped clean,
And an overall shot of the finished model.

The small red piece in the front of the fighters is the large upper deck cannon cover from the finished picture to give a sense of size.

The sludge washed lines in the finished and in progress shots of the main hull do continue across the hull top, but are washed out in the lighting in the pics.

After the sludge washing, one fighter got emerald green details and the other got Royal blue.

But then I ran out of film. Hopefully I can get more pics shot and deleloped and posted before the deadline next week.

Mike

Where's yours Dixon?????

Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,500 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 12:12 PM UTC
The forces of Zeon are mating the recently washed and dry(brushed) subassemblies to together later this evening in orbit. Ready to do battle with the Earthling scum tonight, hopefully!

Should have the finished photos tomorrow.

Looks real good after the sludge wash, I have to try this technique some time. I still use the good old oil wash-drybrush method.

Dave S.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 10:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The forces of Zeon are mating the recently washed and dry(brushed) subassemblies to together later this evening in orbit. Ready to do battle with the Earthling scum tonight, hopefully!

Should have the finished photos tomorrow.

Looks real good after the sludge wash, I have to try this technique some time. I still use the good old oil wash-drybrush method.

Dave S.

D,
Good to hear you have your modeling mojo back...
Are you going with a vivid coloring or the faded look from the box art? I just couldn't paint the thing pink...

Thanks, I think the sludge wash works really well for anime subjects, with their stark panel lines.
Make sure the kit is gloss coated , then I use Vallejo grimy black, a drop of blue dawn dishwashing detergent, slop it on, let it dry and wipe off with either a dampened (very lightly) square of old T shirt or a Q-tip.
I usually end up using the T-shirt for planes, but the lines on this are deep enough that the Q tip worked quite well.

Mike
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,500 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 01:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Good to hear you have your modeling mojo back...
Are you going with a vivid coloring or the faded look from the box art? I just couldn't paint the thing pink...

I followed the box art . Thankfully mine's FS Green!!

Yeah, the mojo has been refound, much to the dismay of SWMBO :-) :-) !!!

See you soon.

Dave S.
 _GOTOTOP