Tamiya: Citroën Traction Avant 11CV
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 04:01 AM UTC
Hi All

I am actually working on my Citroën. I want it to be a civilian car (which maybe will be confiscated in a small dio). at the moment I'm a bit stuck as the painted grille does refuse to look like I wanted it to ...

here are some in progress shots:

This is the car "in action":

Here is how I imagine the scene a German MP (fom Hecker & Goros) discusses with the civil driver. Sadly the FFI figures from Gasoline are not out yet, the will make perfect civilians for this car once the weapons are removed . OR maybe the MP is in discussion with a German soldier who stole the car or is drunk.... I've not decided yet

I'd like to have some kind of car advertisement on the wooden shield behind the fence, but I could not find a proper orignal yet.

any input appreciated

TIA

Steffen
Smeagol
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 135 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 05:07 AM UTC
Alpha, do you buy all of your components for your diarama's, because i have neither the skill or the tools to make a dio
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 06:47 AM UTC
Hey Steffen!

PE parts are very nice addition, are the included in the kit or are they some AM? I sure could use such PE in 1:43 for hellers citroen Are you going to give it a gloss coat or its already assembled? Gloss would most appropriate for civilian Traction

Keep up the good work!
Pedro
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 07:30 AM UTC
Hello

many thanks for your comments!

Sam I'm not sure if I understand your question right. The Citroën is from Tamiya (MMS No.17), as is the fence, the lantern and the billboard (MMS No.9). The etched parts are from Hauler (HLX48038). The small base is from a local hobby shop. I will buy figures for the scene and a cobblestone road (maybe Verlinden). The ground work will be putty for woodwork with Heki grass and some bushes etc. from the railroad model area. the rest is just imagination or good inspiration (which is was this site provides in large packages)

Grzegorz as I wrote above the etched parts are from Hauler and well worth the money :

I do not think they will fit the Heller kit which is a lot larger (I did not thought this myself .. )

Wait a minute and I'll take photos

Actually there alread is a glosscote on but it did not turn out like I wanted, I also think semigloss is better...

best wishes

Steffen
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 07:37 AM UTC
Here are 2 fotos for comparison. The Tamiya is the smaller car:

I do not think the Hauler parts will fit the Heller model.

Steffen
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 08:11 AM UTC
I didnt thought of using 1:48 parts on a 1:43 kit , just stated that it would be nice if some company made such PE parts for 1:43 kits. All in all I think my statement Is out off topic

Take care
Pedro
Smeagol
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 135 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 09:07 AM UTC
ok thank you mate
koschrei
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 134 posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 06:34 PM UTC
Steffen -

Your Traction is coming along nicely - you are doing way more building tham me at the moment, that's for sure. The photo etch adds a lot.

I was researching the Traction, and the 1/43 Heller kit looks like it might be convertable into the Traction ll 'Normale' which was larger than the ll 'Ligier' that Tamiya has kitted. Some surgery required, but it's a good start. The persistent rumor that the Heller kit is 1/47 comes from the fact that it is a pretty close match to the larger 'Normale' body.

If I ever can find the time I want to try it myself.

I have hope that the Hauler parts can figure in that conversion, as a significant number of parts should be interchangeable between the larger and smaller bodies.

Konrad
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 06:58 PM UTC
Thanks for the encouragement Konrad!

So the Heller Kit may not be a waste of resources and time. Is there any good reference out there for this "Normale" Citroen, preferably with some kind of drawings?

To finish some models is a nice side effect of building press samples for the IPMS Deutschland magazine. The models have a fixed schedule and most of the time I get the inspiration and spirit for one or two other models to finish or at least to push forward.

cheers

Steffen
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2005 - 07:21 PM UTC
Man, what a gorgeous little car, especially with the PE grill. Iust will keep hoping that someone does something like it in 35th scale. If it sells well in 48th, one of the big three (Tamiya, Dragon, Trumpeter) will do it. It would definitely be a hot seller !!!!!!!!!!!!!
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2005 - 12:59 AM UTC
Hi all

Again many thanks for your comments. Here is a little update.

I put some more etched parts in the Citroën 3 + photo film on the dashboard, window lift and door openers for each door, sun visor, rear view mirror, throttle control (not in the photo becaus it is mounted to the floor plate), break and clutch pedals:

I had some problems with the colour. Normally the finish of my models does not have to be shiny and smooth (which was not the case if you look closely at the comparison pictures above), so I had to polish the colour. Unfortunately the front fenders and the etched flaps for the engine cooling were already in place. So if you want to build a civilian car, stick to the instructions and even paint and polish the front fenders separately. I have learned that most pre-war produced 11CV were not black ... after the paint was on and polished ...

Here are some more pictures:

Still missing: window (acetate), window frame, wipers, outside rearview mirror, mud flaps (all etched), I have lost the plastic part to stick in the reserve wheel - the carpet monster took it's toll, it also grabbed a hatch from my StuG III B ; imagine a part 2 cm² large and I cannot find it..

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP