_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Accessories for Tamiya T-72
RottenFuhrer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 284 posts
Armorama: 196 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 04:23 AM UTC
Which turret or update sets do you guys recommend?? Which gun barrel? What type AM tracks? Thanks in advance.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 04:43 AM UTC
Hi Andrew,
for the turret it largely depends on the type of T-72 you want to represent. Blast one is generally reported as a very good one. I know that Modelpoint and Miniarm are doing turrets too.

I used Friul tracks and was happy with them. I believe Modelkasten has a track set too.

Panzershop used to have a set for a tank ready to ford but I fear it is no more available.

I'm pretty sure a lot of fellow members will add items to this starting list

olivier
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 05:00 AM UTC
There is a resin turret from a company in Finland that is supposed to be pretty good. Haven't seen it myself.

Review on ML http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/modern/js12.htm

Paul
armormike
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 106 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 06:53 AM UTC
Where to begin. The Blast Turret is superb. I have built it in both versions and find it to be the best on the market. Modelpoint makes several updates but can be difficult to find in stock. AEF Desings makes several variations including the PT-91 polish version and a T-90s upgrade. WMM also makes a T-90s conversion. SP Designs makes a TOS-1 conversion for the T-72 as well.

Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 08:50 AM UTC
Another good turret is by a company called Anubis, but I am not sure where you can buy them. (I got mine from a friend)

AEF designs turrets are ok, but dealing with the company is "buyer beware".

Miniarm, Model point, and Blast are all great turrets. Make sure you get a T-72M1 turret, as the Tamiya kit hull is NOT universal to all turrets.

There are also a number of aluminum barrels but I am not a big fan of them for the price they cost.

Getting a Eduard PE set is a good idea.

I had/have no problems with the tracks supplied by Tamiya as I put the "skirts" on my tanks and you will not see any track sag or other niceties of the seperate link tracks.

There is a update set, with engine, made by Verlinden.

I also think there are some new roadwheels out there, I have never bothered with them.

Panzershop had some small details, (commanders weather shield, fording kit, etc...) but I do not think they are in production right now.

CMK makes a exterior details update set.

As for what to recomend now that I listed all that stuff...well, what do you want to do to the poor kit? :-)

_GOTOTOP